What's new

Using KWK Concentrate to break through RT?

Hey all, complete beginner here. I've used micronized Pouni Ono these past three days, but the nausea and bad taste are really a turn off if I don't get any psychoactive effects after drinking. Is it possible/easier to just break through RT using KWK's concentrate drink? Thanks guys! :)

Amarone

Kava Curious
I'm new to Kava and also bought KWK micronised Kava - Pouni Ono, Borogu and Fiji Loa Waka. I can tell you that the nausea is most likely related to the Kava being micronised. The last time I used micronised the nausea was so bad it made me so anxious as to offset the anxiolytic effects I am looking for from Kava! The other product I bought was Kavafield Supreme and there is no nausea other than the sickly feeling I get from the taste.

I created a post looking for advice in masking the Kava taste
http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/kava-and-taste.10262/

On RT, there are people that swear by its existence and those that believe it's a myth and explained by too low a dose and consuming too soon after food. I think the truth maybe somewhere in between. When I increased dosage and took on an empty stomach I started to feel effects. Your expectations may be too high in looking for psychoactive effects. Also different Kavas produce different effects, some creating a more mind high others a physical body effect

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
RT isnt a myth. I used to think it was. Then I finally broke all the way through it and realized it SO is not a myth. I'm now at the point where I can shell and get reliably chilled so long as I dont have too much food in my stomach. Didnt used to be that way.

Any kava is fine for breaking through RT. Just keep at it.

Amarone

Kava Curious
@Cmessier You are probably right that it's not a myth. However, I think there comes a point where many believe they are still going through it but they just need to up the dosage