What's new

Member Soapbox Vacuum sealed kava in cloth.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Bula and Malok all kava lovers! Today is the day I got some Kelai in the mail thanks to @Nakamal At Home and some of those fantastic muslin strainer bags from @Bula Kava House .
I put a measured 1/2cup dry root in four different strainer bags, sucked the air out, then fused the plastic together with heat and cut the excess. Overall, for me, the cost of producing each package was $18usd. I am interested in selling them for $10. My business ideas may be different than yours, and I choose to eat a loss to gain customers. I'm going to sell these ones locally and then if it's a hit I'll move them to my website, Rockinroot, this is not an ad however. I'm expressing how I have been after this goal for a year and it is finally this much closer to accomplishment. I fancy the idea of sharing kava with others. Having it ready to go in a package that will stand the test of time is an excellent way for me to feel great about sharing my pleasure with the world around me. I drank 300ml of 1300ml made with the Kelai and warm water, and my strainer bag from years ago. It is in need of repair. @Kapmcrunk I'll gladly mail you the strainer if you or your wife can help fix it please. I like the one you gave me way more than these new ones. I'm a sentimental guy, and would pay to have it restored, rather than use it into the dirt. And these new ones are nice but I would rather sell them and keep using the one I have for a couple years now. Today's my Friday, my last day of work before I have some time off, so thanks for listening.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Bula and Malok all kava lovers! Today is the day I got some Kelai in the mail thanks to @Nakamal At Home and some of those fantastic muslin strainer bags from @Bula Kava House .
I put a measured 1/2cup dry root in four different strainer bags, sucked the air out, then fused the plastic together with heat and cut the excess. Overall, for me, the cost of producing each package was $18usd. I am interested in selling them for $10. My business ideas may be different than yours, and I choose to eat a loss to gain customers. I'm going to sell these ones locally and then if it's a hit I'll move them to my website, Rockinroot, this is not an ad however. I'm expressing how I have been after this goal for a year and it is finally this much closer to accomplishment. I fancy the idea of sharing kava with others. Having it ready to go in a package that will stand the test of time is an excellent way for me to feel great about sharing my pleasure with the world around me. I drank 300ml of 1300ml made with the Kelai and warm water, and my strainer bag from years ago. It is in need of repair. @Kapmcrunk I'll gladly mail you the strainer if you or your wife can help fix it please. I like the one you gave me way more than these new ones. I'm a sentimental guy, and would pay to have it restored, rather than use it into the dirt. And these new ones are nice but I would rather sell them and keep using the one I have for a couple years now. Today's my Friday, my last day of work before I have some time off, so thanks for listening.
I promise you don't want me or my wife sewing anything, lol. We're not exactly handy with textiles. It does look like Bula Kava House has them available again for purchase.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
The sealable pouches that you can buy, fill and heat seal are good. You can get them with a one way air hole so you can force any excess air out of your filled package but it won't leak back in. I use those.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
I'll probably buy a few more of the BKH strainers for convenience. I gave three away today. I'm going to keep using the one I have been for now, and I suppose I'll invest in smaller thread or needles with a bigger eyehole that way I can get to work on the repairs. Overall the Kelai is very enjoyable, I consider it a mild and social kava with a pleasant Vanuatu smell and taste, similar to that of Black Sands or Stone Kava or Nangol without the vanilla-sugar cookie component. Like a dry nangol. A smooth and delicate brew, one that settles more quickly than Fijian grog.