What's new

Vanuatu 3 kava?

Bula man!

Kava Curious
So I just placed an order for some of KBR's Vanuatu 3 kava and im hoping it's not a mistake. I've read multiple reviews but they all are from about 4 years ago and I was wondering if anyone has recently tried this variety and what your experience with it was. I'm a little skeptical about Kava By Rex because their figi waka had only a very small effect with a large amount of root used. Also I'm getting some Fu'u from BKH so any info on that would be great too. I'm exited to be getting away from the heavy DHM kavas and see what the kavain kavas are all about!

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Comments around here lately all agree Rex's Van3 is super weak now. His fiji never really gets a bad wrap though, interesting it didn't work for you. In that case, who knows, Van3 might hit you hard.o_O;)

infraredz

BULA!
Fu'u would be the choice of the two for sure! The effect is really quite balanced IME but that experience is limited due to the grind which is too fine for me but it's definitely a winner in that arena!

Bula man!

Kava Curious
Fu'u would be the choice of the two for sure! The effect is really quite balanced IME but that experience is limited due to the grind which is too fine for me but it's definitely a winner in that arena!
Well I've got both on the way. Maybe I can mix the two? Anyhow I've heard that fu u is very finely ground. I use a figi strainer from BKH. Will I be able to use that for the fu u and mixture?

infraredz

BULA!
I have a double Fijian strainer that I got locally and it wasn't fine enough for the batch I had of Fu'u and neither was a muslin bag. Granted, that was a while ago and Judd has made the grind coarser now but I hear it's still pretty finely ground. You can just try to filter it a few time with whatever strainer you have, but keep in mind that having sediment getting through isn't a bad thing for everyone. It certainly adds a ton in the way of potency and duration but it can also cause nausea and skin problems for some so only you can find out.

I would bet you'll tolerate it fine though.

As far as mixing the two, honestly it would be like mixing Fu'u with corn starch. I would honestly sell the Van 3 on ebay it were me... :smuggrin: