What's new

Vanuatu Kava identification via lot number

Saghloqh

Kava Curious
I've been mostly acquiring my kava from a local herb store since it passed the acetone test and it wasn't too expensive... also shipping anything to Canada is more expensive.

Recently I've been quite into buying chopped root and grinding it myself. The first time I opened up the bag and smelled it it was way stronger-smelling than the medium grind stuff, and the effects have mirrored the smell. However, today the shop had a batch of chopped stuff from a different vendor. It is still from Vanuatu and has a lot number, and so I had assumed it was alright quality because of the Vanuatu standards for export.

I did notice there were more dark brown bits in the mix... I was assuming there is unpeeled root in the batch. Anyway, when I got home and made up my batch, it was much darker in colour than previous batches. Normally it comes out tan, this was closer to mud. So far effects seem fine... It even tastes almost milder.

Anyway, I took a picture of the information on the bag and I was wondering if anyone knew how to derive some information from it. I'm afraid it doesn't seem much to go on. At the very least I was wondering if unpeeled roots come up as dark brown bits in chopped kava, and if a grog closer to a muddy colour than tan is normal.

Thanks!

Picture:

(I forgot the picture and am uploading it now)

Attachments