What's new

Vendors who ship to the UK

ta-va

Earth Bound
UK here - I've had excellent service from GKE. Bula Kava House also shipped me some of their wonderful Instant Green (although customs at Heathrow did hold my consignment for 9 days and I had to pay a £13 customs fee to the post office before I could collect it!)
Edward - have you had any customs delays/problems on your Kalm With Kava consignments?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Hurrah! There is someone else who lives in the UK ;-)

I've had good experiences with both of those too. I had to pay the extra but I don't think there was much delay from customs with BKH. As far as I am aware I didn't have any problems with the KWK order, it came ok and no one contacted me. It did take just over a week to arrive but that's fairly normal.

Have you used any other vendors?

ta-va

Earth Bound
I've just used Kalm with Kava thanks to you having mentioned them in this thread! Ordered some Fiji Loa waka which I'm seeing some crazy reviews for and some Borogu. Hope it can get here without any interference from customs - but we'll see how it goes. I'll update when it arrives.

Love you avatar, btw. Bumped into Nigel Planer in a pub in Fulham in the late 80s. Very chilled out in real life too! :happy:

ta-va

Earth Bound
I just remembered I had a small sample from Endwatcher on this forum of some nice mild tasting, heady Tongan Eua a while back. I think he was planning on selling through Amazon, but don't know if that is still his plan.

NAMBATU

Kava Enthusiast
I had to pay a £13 customs fee to the post office
If memory serves, £8 of that will be Royal Fail's bullshit "processing fee" that isn't charged by most couriers. You might have been better off if Bula had sent it UPS/FedEx etc. rather than USPS.

ta-va

Earth Bound
Just saw this thread again and realised I hadn't updated. The Kalm with Kava order arrived more quickly than I had expected - I think it was 7 days. A nice big box of Kava with no BS from customs/extra charges or any of that malarkey. Currently tucking into Fijian Loa Waka and some Borogu. It's all very nice. I'll try to get reviews up over the next couple of days.

@NAMBATU (is that the one that comes after Nambawan? ;) ) - yeah, I remember part of that BS was a "handling / processing charge" imposed by the Royal Fail. I don't know if Judd can ship using other carriers? Maybe he can weigh in if he sees this.

I wonder if the problem might be more about labelling / shipping / customs declaration note terminology. I thought I read in some thread that BKH will not "disguise" what they are sending, which I totally understand from his business point of view in terms of transparency and good business ethics, whereas KWK just labelled theirs as South Pacific tea. I suppose it's just semantics at the end of the day but I do wonder if having "Kava" clearly on the shipping document piques the interest of customs somewhat more. And once they've gotten their mitts on it, then the RM charge will surely follow. The KWK order also arrived via Royal Mail but there were no charges - as a result, I assume, of no hijacking via customs on the way.

Of course, none of this excuses the exorbitant Royal Mail charge, as you noted.

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
The funny thing is that my favourite kava products so far are all from Global Kava Exports/Kava Europe. I like their quick instant kava, I love Pentecost pride and kava candies are good too. I definitely want to keep trying different kavas in different doses but I may just in the long run order from them.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I have ordered from real kava and KWK again recently and both came no problems.

ta-va

Earth Bound
Same here on the KWK. 7 working days to get here. And it's good stuff - this time Tongan Pouni Ono and Fijian Loa Waka. I like this vendor - no fuss from customs so far, the prices are decent and the Kava is awesome. Both feel like quite subtle kavas but they can do a number on you if that's where you want it to go. Have some extract and Instant on its way from Paradise Kava. Hopefully the smooth run will continue.

dr phalloid

Kava Enthusiast
yes I live in the welsh valleys wales uk,and been drinking+ordering kava powder for 7 years.ive ordered and received every package ive sent for only one was opened at customs and then it was sent on to me.kava powder is not illegal in uk as it can be used externally,it is only banned for internal use. now kava by rex puts label stating for external use only and customs don't touch it.ive also ordered from just pacific trading +there lost island kava is a dream no problems receiving from them either they label it pepper herbal tea.also ordered from bula kava house quite a few were stopped+customs put a charge on them.and ordered from global European kava as they have a warehouse in uk,and it doesant go through any custom checks.just received 1kg of tanna marrang today,ordered Tuesday it arrived Thursday,a little pricy but if your gasping for a cup of the good stuff its worth paying the extra.

dr phalloid

Kava Enthusiast
The funny thing is that my favourite kava products so far are all from Global Kava Exports/Kava Europe. I like their quick instant kava, I love Pentecost pride and kava candies are good too. I definitely want to keep trying different kavas in different doses but I may just in the long run order from them.
hi fellow welsh man, I like ordering from global European kava as well theres no customs to go through and its here in 2-3days.but there are so many kavas to try out there id say give them a go,for example koniak-lost island-fu-u bulas Fijian waka are all top kavas with different hits to them.i tried bulas Solomon kava 2 months ago and its seriously strong in fact id say its one of the strongest kavas in the world in fact it was to strong for me.i bought 2lbs and nearly ended up selling it it was that powerfull its classed as the most drug like kava in the world with good reason.can you tell me whats gke Pentecost pride like all the reviews are pretty negative,id like to hear from some one who actually uses it.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm from London but my wife is from Bridgend.

I've tried quite a few kavas but mostly from Kalm with kava and GKE. GKE have got Nene and Opikhao but no moi or mahakea.

I like Pentecost Pride, for me it is nicely balanced and gives a nice euphoria with a very mellow feeling. Kaolik and marang marang have both tested as possibly adulterated and I have to say I did feel very strange on marang marang and not in a good way.

The others I have tried are Cream of Vanuatu from Paradise kava and BKH Instant green. Both have given me quite bad nausea in the past but I've worked out I need to space them out more.

Real kava/kava kuai is another good vendor, pretty fast shipping and good products. I just ordered a lb of instant to try. I use instants when I am in the lorry and powder when I am at home.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
In fact if either of you want a bag of kaolik and what's left of the marang marang then pm me your address.