What's new

Vendors who ship to the UK

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
An update on the Cactus Kava delivery. No update on USPS tracking from 12th Dec to 23rd Dec! Must have been to do with Christmas postage. Anyway, good to know it's ready to collect from the post office so that's another vendor we can say is ok to order from to the UK :)

upload_2015-12-24_10-24-40.png

wassie

Chris Wass
Hey Guys,
I've skimmed through the thread and have probably missed a few things but I'm thinking of ordering with Kalm with Kava.
I live in the UK its nice to see other UK based Kava drinkers floating around the forum :)
I've just got one question which delivery method did you use with Kalm with Kava Standard or Priority? And does anybody know if they both offer tracking?
I'm trying to keep the cost down but despite of how inaccurate tracking can be I'd still rather have it.
I usually order from GKE but there out of stock on pretty much everything :/ I've also seen a few people on the forums say the site owner won't be returning to the forums due to more legal issues. Haven't seen any official news from GKE and would love to know what the situation is!
But yeah hopefully someone can help with my Kalm with Kava question.

Thanks Guys.! :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Hmm, I answered this earlier from another device but it has disappeared... oh well.

@wassie I seem to remember using standard but I don't know if I got a tracking number. Arrived both times anyway. I don't know anything about GKE.

wassie

Chris Wass
Hmm, I answered this earlier from another device but it has disappeared... oh well.

@wassie I seem to remember using standard but I don't know if I got a tracking number. Arrived both times anyway. I don't know anything about GKE.
Thank you for the reply Edward :) I'll give Kalm with Kava a try soon and make a small order, I'll probably order some of there concentrate too as it looks handy when you need to throw together a quick brew.

I wish there were more UK based vendors, as I didn't plan ahead unfortunately and my Kava stash as ran dry and GKE aren't shipping orders until after the 7th of Jan so have hit of a bit of a crisis! I use Kava to ease my Anxiety disorder it's safe to say I'll be sure to avoid the same mistake next year.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm almost certain the @CactusKava is sitting at home, I've just got to get there and see. There was a problem with the post office, apparently they attempted to deliver, I wasn't in and they didn't leave a card for me to go and collect it. I got it sorted in the end thankfully and I've got a parcel waiting at home which is almost definitely it.

I have ordered from Kavafied this evening so I will update as and when I receive the goods.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Kavafied are now an official friend of UK kava users... package came and I picked it up from the post office today. Trying the Eua this afternoon, the best smelling and tasting kava I have ever had, so far the effects are a bit light but that's probably just me and this root, need to give it more tries.

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
HI Edward, I am a Canadian Supplier and I do ship to Europe and the UK. If you would like to order please shoot me an email at [email protected] or check out my website at thekavaroots.com all prices are in Canadian dollars so all orders are good value against the pound and US dollar right now

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Hi Paul, I've got you in mind but I have a lot of root floating about at the moment so I'm going to have to wait a while and get back to you.

IF ANYONE ELSE FANCIES ORDERING FROM PAUL AND LETTING ME KNOW THE OUTCOME IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED. Thanks.

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
Hey Guys,
I've skimmed through the thread and have probably missed a few things but I'm thinking of ordering with Kalm with Kava.
I live in the UK its nice to see other UK based Kava drinkers floating around the forum :)
I've just got one question which delivery method did you use with Kalm with Kava Standard or Priority? And does anybody know if they both offer tracking?
I'm trying to keep the cost down but despite of how inaccurate tracking can be I'd still rather have it.
I usually order from GKE but there out of stock on pretty much everything :/ I've also seen a few people on the forums say the site owner won't be returning to the forums due to more legal issues. Haven't seen any official news from GKE and would love to know what the situation is!
But yeah hopefully someone can help with my Kalm with Kava question.

Thanks Guys.! :)

My last order from
@Kalm with Kava (standard first class shipping) had the most detailed tracking I've seen to this date. It got here really fast as well.

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
Almost forgot, I also have a special for Kava forum members right now. Use coupon code 'the Kava forum' when you order and get $5 can off the price. thekavaroots.com

hi Edward thanks for review of petecost pride,it sounds alright.as for the tannas had my first session yesterday and woke up this morning with a banning headache really bad,felt hungover as hell.have the b-ds put tudei in it cause that's what it feels like.its susposto be a noble kava and clean,if this is mixed with tuedi ill be having a word with gke.did you experience negative next day effects from the tannas.a little remedy to stop nausea from kava use add ginger,and it flavours the kava beautifully.i personally buy ginger essential oil+add 2 drops to a shell and don't get any problems with nausea.
I wonder if eating a piece of sugared ginger as a chaser would be nice...

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
I'm currently waiting for a delivery and on the tracking it says "Your item was delivered in UNITED KINGDOM at 7:29 am on March 7, 2016." This has not turned up at my house today. I'm hoping it means it is currently still in the uk postal service waiting to be delivered?
Is this the norm?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@moff000 Yes, this has happened a few times. You can ring Royal Mail and give them the tracking number, if the item is on their system then they should be able to tell you where it is. I had it once that I was told they had attempted to deliver but I didn't have a card to go and collect it. I rang RM and they were excellent, sorted it out straight away and even delivered on a Saturday for no extra charge. I would give it a day or two, watch the tracking and if no joy then call RM.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
So, I have to ask, is kava legal in the UK now? Do any of you that live in the UK have problems with getting the kava you order? Do you have to label it as tea or some other things and not kava?
Thanks for your help, aloha.

Chris

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
So, I have to ask, is kava legal in the UK now? Do any of you that live in the UK have problems with getting the kava you order? Do you have to label it as tea or some other things and not kava?
Thanks for your help, aloha.

Chris
Hi Chris,

As far as I know it is still illegal to import kava into the UK for the purposes of selling on. Whether it is illegal to send small packages from outside the UK into the UK I don't know but every kava I have ordered from overseas has always arrived and I have never had anyone knocking on my door asking questions. This thread only exists because I ordered from you once and you refunded me because you said the parcel would definitely get seized but if you look at the first post of this thread you can see all of the vendors that have shipped and the orders have arrived. I have always said that I am completely happy to take the risk of the parcel being seized. If you would be prepared to allow me to order from you as a test run then I would love to buy some of your excellent kava. I have managed to get some from Global Kava Exports now known as Kava Europe who stocked some of your products for a while. These people will know more than me about the exact legal status of kava in the UK. I believe they are still having trouble being based in the UK and selling kava and they now sell it for "testing purposes only".

In terms of labelling it is usually labelled as tea, south pacific tea or some variation on that. Saying that though the full company name is always printed so "Bula kava house" and "Cactus Kava" are not being picked up.

Let me know if you would be prepared to ship a small order as there are some of your kavas that I would love to try.

Ed

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I think it is still illegal to send kava for human consumption to the UK. In many cases customs officers probably do not detect/recognise it, especially if it is a small package (it's not like they open and check every single package coming into the country). But obviously the larger the package the bigger the risk.
I know that some people import kava as an "industrial" product and get all kinds of special permits to do that.

Either way, I ve been told that things will be getting even more tricky with the new legislation regulating psychoactive substances coming into force in April. Are you aware of it, @Edward?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Henry I've heard something about that but I'm not sure it will make too much difference, small packages will probably still get through. The thing is I'm ordering it for personal consumption and not for resale so I'm not sure how much customs actually care, they've got bigger fish to fry. Either way I seriously hope it doesn't cause me problems or I will simply leave the country! I think the psychoactive substances legislation is more aimed at legal highs.