What's new

Vendors who ship to the UK

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Would getting a permit be too expensive or difficult? A year ago my friend met two women from the uk who legally import kava into the UK as "dye". They sell some skirts online and claim that they need kava to make them :).

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Not sure but I could look into it. As I said I don't have problems getting kava at the moment and until that changes I'm happy enough :)

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
@moff000 Yes, this has happened a few times. You can ring Royal Mail and give them the tracking number, if the item is on their system then they should be able to tell you where it is. I had it once that I was told they had attempted to deliver but I didn't have a card to go and collect it. I rang RM and they were excellent, sorted it out straight away and even delivered on a Saturday for no extra charge. I would give it a day or two, watch the tracking and if no joy then call RM.
Thanks for the reply! I don't normally check the tracking but i've been Kavaless for 2 weeks and getting impatient lol.
All my orders from across the pond have landed no problems at all. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I can't remember if i got stung with import tax last delivery...?
I think it depends on the value of the package. If it's over a certain amount then there is import/VAT to pay. It's happened to me with a few orders.

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
My KWK borongoru landed today! I've chased up my BKH 11yr waka and it's sat in the post office..... I've not had a card through the door though... I will collect it later! Happy Daze!

moff000

Kava Enthusiast
I think it depends on the value of the package. If it's over a certain amount then there is import/VAT to pay. It's happened to me with a few orders.
I had to pay £14.95 to collect my 1lb of BKH 11yr waka. It's worth it though! I'm just sampling it now !!

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
How much was the shipping? I do not see it anywhere on their website without entering all details.
Lots of sites make you enter all your details before getting a shipping rate. It will also notify you if they don't ship to your country after entering address.

@Paulie-Paul Just ordered some of your Tongan Choice to the UK, inspired by @Kavasseur 's review. Look forward to receiving and chugging ::tanoa::
His review inspired me too, and after finding Paul lived in my city (in Canada) I PM'd him so I could skip shipping. He mentioned he was in the process of getting a license from health Canada to sell the stuff. Hopefully for your sake that means locally and he is still shipping overseas!

Paulie-Paul

thekavaroots.com
Kava Vendor
Lots of sites make you enter all your details before getting a shipping rate. It will also notify you if they don't ship to your country after entering address.

His review inspired me too, and after finding Paul lived in my city (in Canada) I PM'd him so I could skip shipping. He mentioned he was in the process of getting a license from health Canada to sell the stuff. Hopefully for your sake that means locally and he is still shipping overseas!
Hi Grogfather, Yes I do ship worldwide, with the exception of Poland, Australia and yes sadly Canada

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Can anyone from the uk add any more vendors to the first list? Also has anyone ordered from cactus kava so I can update their ranking? I've received one package from them ok but I would like more people's experiences with them?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'll modify the Supplier Profiles so the Supplier can list the places they can or cannot ship to. Don't know why I didn't think of it before.
That would be awesome but it's such a grey area. It's not illegal to import kava to the UK if it's for "testing purposes". Other countries are just not sure, they want to take a tough stand but against what? A powder that relaxes you a bit in the evening? The biggest thing that would p... them off is that everyone has stopped drinking alcohol so they can't collect any tax on it. I just wish once and for all this thing would get sorted out so we knew where we were.