Change background image

Vula Kava

Discussion in 'Kalm With Kava' started by chandra, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chandra

chandra Kava Enthusiast

This may have been answered already, but I've been away from kava for awhile. I wanted to assess the affects of different herbs without questions about which herb was doing what. Now I've drawn my conclusions, and found some helpful herbs. I'm ready to return to my first love, Kava, in addition to my new favorites. Has anyone Tried Vula Waka kava from Kalm? Is it similar to Loa Waka, or is it much heavier? On a side note, I can't comment on posts because there's an add in the text box? Is it my computer? Please say it's my computer. This is a loaner and my new one will be here in a few days.
  2. Kojo Douglas

Kojo Douglas Kava Enthusiast

Vula Waka is a bit stronger than Loa Waka. It's also a fantastic Kava, and I reviewed it on my website: www.kavasseur.com

Bula!
  3. sɥɐʞɐs

sɥɐʞɐs ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾ Review Maestro

...and in typical kava fashion, I'd say Loa is a bit stronger than Vula. ::happyshell::
    What other herbs did you sample @chandra ?
  4. chandra

chandra Kava Enthusiast

Kanna, Akuamma Seed, Paenol, Catuaba Bark, Ephedra. That's all I can think of at the moment. Kanna, Akuamma seed, and Paenol are my daily herbs now, which gives kava a beautiful place as something for when I'd like to unwind.
  5. sɥɐʞɐs

sɥɐʞɐs ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾ Review Maestro

Did you experiment with different vendors and forms of Kanna ? If so, did you find noticeable difference between them? I tried some powdered Kanna some years ago, to mild effect, not enough to return. However, I was reading experience reports that sounded very effective.
    Pocketplayer likes this.
  6. chandra

chandra Kava Enthusiast

The only vendor I've tried is meridian botanicals. I tried the tea cut first. It didn't have much of an effect. Then I tried the powdered version. I think it's as much about the ROA as it is the type. You can brew it into a tea, smoke it, or snort it and everyone has a different opinion on what works best. The effects are mild for me. Just mild enough to replace the Prozac that I hated taking.
    FYS likes this.
  7. theGrogfather

theGrogfather Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back

I find their strengths similar, with Vula tipped further to the heavy end of the scale. Both awesome.
    kavamehameha likes this.
  8. tribal1209

tribal1209 Kava Enthusiast

I got it in the sampler pack.....I wish I had a full pound of it.
  9. Kava_Joe

Kava_Joe Kava Enthusiast

How does Vula Waka compare Kava Time's Savusavu Waka ? Kavasseur? Anyone?
  10. Kojo Douglas

I'd say that the Vula Waka and Savusavu Waka are very different kinds of Kava. Savusavu is very dreamy and balanced has a good late-night kind of feeling to it, Vula Waka is very progressive and has more of a limb-numbing initial body feeling, that progresses to a headier stonier buzz as you drink more of it. I think they're both good to have on hand
    Kava_Joe likes this.
  11. Kava_Joe

Kava_Joe Kava Enthusiast

Thnx Kavasseur. Very helpful as usual. I have Savu and Luv it. Vula is on the way and am looking forward it. All this Great Fijian-Yippie !
  12. Kojo Douglas

2016 was a great year for Fijian Kava. It's starting to beat out Vanuatu big time
    kavamehameha and Kava_Joe like this.
  13. moff000

moff000 Kava Enthusiast

I have some Vula on order!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.