What's new

Powdered Kava Review Vula Waka Fiji Kava

tribal1209

Kava Enthusiast
This stuff is smooth. Definitely one of the more forgiving kavas as far as taste goes. It's also quite potent. Anymore than the 4 Tbs and I probably would had been vomiting (however I am kind of a kava lightweight).

This stuff seems cerebral to me. Not sure why it's labeled heavy. I get virtually no body effects (however it did may my eyes droopy and half closed) I did 2 soaks with the 4 Tbs and the second seemed just as strong as the first.

I was not tired when I took this Kava in fact I was quite sociable. I felt intoxicated but far from wanting to crawl into bed. It kind of creeps up on ya to. Feels like it takes an hour to an hour and a half to stop getting stronger.

Overall I'm impressed, but it's not an anxiety killer nor will it knock you out. Not for me at least. It's solid stuff though and very strong.

Last edited:

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Oh man, I was so looking forward to this kava but it is way too heavy and potent for me. Taken my usual 2tbsps to 8oz water a couple of times. The first batch on NYE, the second last night because I had a weird reaction on NYE and thought maybe it was just me being depressed at being by myself - even though I felt I wasn't - I was ready to be by myself after a very busy month. Anyway, it seemed to make me alternatively angry and then depressed and then angry again. Made me feel totally different than my usual self. Tried again yesterday afternoon and after one shell felt the same feelings hovering in the background. It could be that I had that one bad reaction and was looking for the same thing, that may or may not have happened. I could have brought it on myself just by thinking about it. But regardless, I don't want that feeling again so I'll offer up the kava in the marketplace. Its just a 1/2lb bag minus 4 tbsps - $18 including priority mail shipping.

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
Oh man, I was so looking forward to this kava but it is way too heavy and potent for me. Taken my usual 2tbsps to 8oz water a couple of times. The first batch on NYE, the second last night because I had a weird reaction on NYE and thought maybe it was just me being depressed at being by myself - even though I felt I wasn't - I was ready to be by myself after a very busy month. Anyway, it seemed to make me alternatively angry and then depressed and then angry again. Made me feel totally different than my usual self. Tried again yesterday afternoon and after one shell felt the same feelings hovering in the background. It could be that I had that one bad reaction and was looking for the same thing, that may or may not have happened. I could have brought it on myself just by thinking about it. But regardless, I don't want that feeling again so I'll offer up the kava in the marketplace. Its just a 1/2lb bag minus 4 tbsps - $18 including priority mail shipping.
Wow, Sorry to hear about that kilakila! I'm not sure I've ever heard of a kava making someone angry. Any kava can definitely amplify certain moods and make a heady/heavy kava less pronounced in their heady/heaviness but almost always improving mood to some degree. Very strange, in any case it's definitely true as well some kavas speak to people while other varieties don't fit them right. If no one takes it off your hands at the discount - we'll get you taken care of.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Wow, Sorry to hear about that kilakila! I'm not sure I've ever heard of a kava making someone angry. Any kava can definitely amplify certain moods and make a heady/heavy kava less pronounced in their heady/heaviness but almost always improving mood to some degree. Very strange, in any case it's definitely true as well some kavas speak to people while other varieties don't fit them right. If no one takes it off your hands at the discount - we'll get you taken care of.
I must admit I was very surprised to get that reaction! I just felt like I had so much to complain about it made me angry! I'm usually very even tempered when I'm not in one of my anxious states. I have managed to sell the Vula but I thank you for your offer. In retrospect it might have been a good idea for me to try it again - well after the holidays. But I just didn't want to risk feeling that way when at work or watching the grandkids!
Oh well....

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
For me, this is a great daily evening kava. It is well balanced. Offers both relaxation and a grin with almost no hangover. Sometimes will get that wave of brief intense euphoric krunk-bliss but the effects are very smooth for the most part. I really did not find it too heavy compared to a typical Vanuatu.

Munsoned

Kava Curious
I got this in a sampler and put it off because I enjoyed the Loa Waka so much. I was wrong, I like this one a little better even. Definitely heady and relaxing. Great for watching Netflix or hockey, or for playing some video games. It really is a creeper.

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
I got this in a sampler and put it off because I enjoyed the Loa Waka so much. I was wrong, I like this one a little better even. Definitely heady and relaxing. Great for watching Netflix or hockey, or for playing some video games. It really is a creeper.
Mix them and you will have a great evening as well :shameshame: