What's new

Waka chemotype?

D

Deactivated Account

Fresh kava sounds so damn nice...i want it so bad! It makes me wonder why some kava drinking islands like fiji, tonga & samoa often use powdered when they have fresh basically growing in their yards.
I ask myself this a lot…asked a lot of others too & no-one seems to know. A few fijian/indians i have asked say that fresh is too strong but im not sure thats the answer. Totally mystifies me.

That said about fresh.. ive still seen a lot of people totally recoil in horror at their first taste of fresh also. To me its sort of like putting lipstick on a pig, it really only improves things to the owner of the pig. It does not turn kava into Cognac but hell it certainly takes a lot of the horrors away for a person used to it. Only a kava drinker understands things like this as non kava drinkers dislike both.

On my 2nd last trip there i landed at the start of an election campaign & members of parliment were said to be buying up kava & sending it to outlying areas for free (so the locals told me) thus there was a fast spreading rumour that the kava in PV was about to dry up & there was talk of selling powdered in nakamals. Honestly it was like a comet was taking up half the sky & closing fast, there was dread everywhere.

D

Deactivated Account

Sooooo just picked up another kg of fiji waka. Chap said it had about half lewana mixed in (his family bought it & had it processed). Its doing the job & instead of the usual 5 mins to begin, its taken maybe 20-25 mins to begin & is very very mellow yet good & strong.

update : WOW !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deactivated Account

This last lot is the best powder I've ever had...very deep & slow. They said it was a good portion lewana too ? It's over 40c (105f) outside atm & it's a very diff experience to walk out of the AC into it after some of this. Totally out of body experience.

kavalover

Outsider
Paradise kava's fresh was an amazing taste as I remember, maybe it's just a taste only us kava drinkers can truly enjoy. Much more earthy, much more rootey, a much more "Fresh" "juicy" flavor, compared to dried root.

Man just describing it makes me crave some fresh frozen root. Can't wait for that stuff to come back online.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
yo @yepimonfire have you tried wakacon's Vanuatu kava? I finally ordered a lb of their fiji waka, I saw it like months ago on Amazon but somehow never have gotten around to ordering it. I'm more into Vanuatu kavas myself but there aren't any reviews for that one yet.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
lol I love their product description

KAVA "WAKA" Over the great ocean blue there lies a place where Kava rain is plentiful and falls from the sky making everyone relax and stop worrying. If that's not where you live, just try some extra special Waka Grade Kava and see how that strong smooth taste numbs your tongue. It may give you Kava face, which is highly desirable and makes every women or man look more attractive.
You can tell the dude was already a couple shells deep when he started writing this

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
I just recently found out they had vanuatu kava. its a recent addition. Probably lateral roots from vanuatu. Could be high K or high DHM. I don't drink a whole lot of kava these days and i have a huge stash so id be interested to hear what its like from someone else.

violet

Do all things with love
I just recently found out they had vanuatu kava. its a recent addition. Probably lateral roots from vanuatu. Could be high K or high DHM. I don't drink a whole lot of kava these days and i have a huge stash so id be interested to hear what its like from someone else.
The Wakacon Vanuatu is definitely a high DHM/DHK kava, and "noble" as well, considering how easily I've been able to skip right out of bed the past two mornings. I'll be posting a review in the next day or so.