Change background image

KAVA PRODUCT ALERT Warning: Do Not Do Business with Kona Kava Farm, Kava.Com, or Kava Guru!

Discussion in 'Kava Watchdog List' started by Pacifico, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Stacey V

Stacey V New Member

I have ordered from kona kava and kava.com. I was disappointed with the quality compared to what I can get from the kava bars in Austin. I just placed my first order with you. I am anxiously awaiting the order now. ::shell::
    Gourmet Hawaiian Kava likes this.
  2. TheTim

TheTim New Member

@Deleted User

Thanks for the info. Great to know that the stuff I got doesn't just have phony reviews...it's not even noble. :facepalm:

Oh well, did my research better this time. Going to get something good from GHK.

Thanks again for your help! :D
  3. SeaGreen

SeaGreen New Member

I also hate hearing that Kona Kava isn't an authentic experience. They serve it in a coffee shop in the same building downstairs from my psychiatrist's office. I've had it a few times and I felt ok - a little relaxed, a little more talkative - but nothing too pronounced. The guy who owns the coffee shop says his stuff (Kona) is way better than what they sell at our Kava bar in town. I guess I need to do some more digging for the genuine experience!
  4. wormwood

wormwood Kava Enthusiast

I bought a bag before I found this forum. I got some decent effects from it. No reason to buy it now though since I discovered this forum.
  5. verticity

verticity I'm interested in things

Find a new psychiatrist lol. Maybe one in Hawaii?
    Mrbinx69 likes this.
  6. SeaGreen

SeaGreen New Member

The psychiatrist is simply in the same building. She is not selling Kona Kava...
    Mrbinx69 likes this.
  7. verticity

verticity I'm interested in things

I know, it was just a goofy joke :D
  8. Mrbinx69

Mrbinx69 Kava Enthusiast

1441462350614-1569815393.jpg Your telling me this shipment from konakava isnt any good ???
  9. rayken

rayken Kava Enthusiast

i
    i think your going to need bigger nylon stockings
  10. Mrbinx69

Mrbinx69 Kava Enthusiast

Hahahha thanks :)
  11. TribalCulture

TribalCulture Krunkonomicon

So glad I dodged this bullet when I first tried kava.
    What scared me away was the packaging.
    It is good design work however, from what I've learned as a designer, most companies over compensate their products with flashy logos/ artwork. Ex: Coca-Cola
    while good tasting, it's scary to see what it does to a car's paint job. But can't help but to love the branding work they have done to draw us in.
  12. Moyator

Moyator New Member

Hi everybody

Here is the last e-mail I sent to KonaKavaFarm :

Hi Bob,
    Since June 18, I have sent you three emails to cancel my order # 114825 and get the refund because I never bought these items on your server.
    You sent me the package when I clearly said I refused.
    On June 20th you stole $ 125.90 then $ 114.91 and $ 116.92 on my bank account
    On June 21st you stole $ 144.48 and finally $ 166.05 that I dispute since the beginning
    I just filed suit against you after my bank and the French police to get my money back. My lawyer will contact you within a month.
    Meanwhile, I would tell the truth on the Kavaforum and I would change of Kava seller.
    Best regards

Since then, I have received no reply.
    I filed a complaint with the French police and the investigation continues.
    My bank repaid all the money (ouf !!!)

You are now warned: this thieves should be in jail
    bye bye

Moyator (france)
    Kraken and kasa_balavu like this.
  13. RevRad

RevRad Member

Man it's bad enough to be a bad vendor with shady products but stealing money is just stupid.
  14. Kojo Douglas

Kojo Douglas Kava Enthusiast

I have visited Kona Kava Farms/Kava.com in Vista, California. Honestly, the owner was just about as nice and warm as a person can get. The facility was very modern and hygienic, and everyone there had a sense of humor and mission. They were all a bit confused about why they had such a bad reputation. Their Kava is fine, not great. Some of it is really good (the enhanced Noble blend, and the Tudei), but none of it stands out in the way a Kava Vinaka, Kalm, or Bula Kava House powder stand out.

As for the French order above, I am confused as to what happened. Did you order Kava or not order Kava? How did they get your payment information?
    nashfire likes this.
  15. nashfire

nashfire Stay Rooted

I know this is an old thread but I always hit "new posts" and it came up. My first kava order ever was from Kona kava (March or April this year). Just picked it out online....yep "G" got me! I had not found the Forum yet so was shopping blind so to speak. The kava was med grind and just basic kava, and as @Kojo Douglas said was fine (not great for sure) Idk about the three companies being owned by the same entity but I believe Kona is selling their kava through a bigger company. I only bought one bag and haven't reordered since finding other great kavas like GHK and BKH. I did not have any issues with payment. Hopefully bad business practices by a parent company don't hurt them.
  16. Mrbinx69

Mrbinx69 Kava Enthusiast

I never felt anything from their stuff and I took a lot . But it was also when I first started and maybe my rt started there and when I finally had good stuff I was already past rt ? Idk