What's new

Warning to buyers and sellers, frustrated with paypal...

Sean D.

Kava Enthusiast
Most sites direct you to paypal and then you pick your shipping address on paypal's site (when using that payment method.)

However, some vendor website's have the buyer enter their shipping address on the seller's site and then pass this info to paypal...

With a recent purchase of mine, this did not work; paypal apparently defaulted to an older address I no longer live at, even though I entered the correct address on the vendor's site -- I moved last year and added my new address on paypal's site early this year.

After the fact, I checked the instructions under paypal Help, but the those only lead me to my updating a single most recent address (which I had already updated prior); so apparently there's no way to delete old addresses or change the default, outside of getting paypal admins to do it for you behind the scenes.

I recently had this problem with Best Fiji Kava's website. I informed them of the issue. Though I definitely think paypal is partly to blame.

And apparently I'm not the only one; and there are other threads like this too...
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5...up-as-the-default-on-order/td-p/880627/page/2

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Just got an email from Paypal today stating they parted ways with eBay and have new terms and conditions effective June 15th.

Sean D.

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, I could be wrong but they seem to have recently removed a bunch of options on their profile settings that used to be there.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
I
Most sites direct you to paypal and then you pick your shipping address on paypal's site (when using that payment method.)

However, some vendor website's have the buyer enter their shipping address on the seller's site and then pass this info to paypal...

With a recent purchase of mine, this did not work; paypal apparently defaulted to an older address I no longer live at, even though I entered the correct address on the vendor's site -- I moved last year and added my new address on paypal's site early this year.
I've been bitten repeatedly by PayPal's inability to remember my preferred shipping address when going through various vendor's websites. It sucks. It amounts to me contacting my old landlord and driving over and picking up the stuff that I inadvertently shipped incorrectly. Now I have to scrutinize everything on the PayPal site carefully before pressing the Pay button, or something will have reverted again and I get longer delays on my kava orders. :-(

Sean D.

Kava Enthusiast
In this case, I don't think paypal even prompted me for a shipping address. I think the vendor's site was trying to pass the address I had entered there over to paypal and it didn't work. Bummer. In any case, no easy way to update the default.

EDIT: If you buy from a site like this, maybe try via eBay instead or use PayPal guest login and enter the address manually.