What's new

Waving hello! :D

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Welcome!
And I wonder if Squanch ship to, not so warm, Sweden... I must look that up!
Thank you for the warm welcome even if your climate is not so warm. I could go for not so warm right about now. We always say that the four seasons in Florida are Hot, Hotter, Hell and Hot. We're going to be in hell for a while yet. Even the ocean is hot and feels like you're in a giant bathtub. Blech. I hope you can try some of the Squanch. I am a total noob and Squanch to date is the only kava I've ever had so I cannot compare it with anything else, but speaking just from my own experience with it, I had an amazing first time. I thought for sure I would experience some sort of reverse tolerance and I really didn't expect to feel much of anything at all to be honest, I was so pleasantly surprised that not only did I feel something, I felt A LOT of something. I loved how it made my mind completely quiet and calm. I felt so peaceful and like I could just be at one with myself and be still and calm. I don't know if all kavas are like that, but I have never experienced anything like that that could turn my racing thoughts completely off like that. It was cool. :)

Odourman

Skål from Sweden!
I never had a reverse tolerance, even if I stop drinking kava for years.
Maybe people are different? I seem to be quite sensetive to kava. 2 tbs goes a long way for me.

We have like 4 hot weeks in the summer. You prob would wear a jacket during that time, but for me being from here it feels hot. But summer is short here so I try to enjoy it. The winter is long and the sun is up for only a short time so at working days I never see the sun. I would melt in Florida.

I don't have a big experience with a lot of different kavas. I was buying from the same vendor for a long time, but they don't ship here anymore. So I joined the forum and just started trying other kavas.

I like to write poetry and heady kava seems good for that, the heavy sort stops racing thoughts. At least for me.

Odourman

Skål from Sweden!
When I prepared it, I filled one half of the aluball with the fiji waka and then the bottle with water and gave it a good shake for 2 minutes and drank a glass. Wow! The effects were immediate! No question of whether I was going to experience reverse tolerance or not. From there it just kept deepening. I added a little bit of almond milk to fill the bottle back up to where it was and shook it again for another 2 minutes and drank another glass 20 minutes after the first and again I felt the numbing of the mouth and the waves of relaxation kept deepening. In the end I could only drink 4 glasses (I think... it possibly could have been 5 I'm not too sure now. lol) and that was more than plenty. I honestly think two glasses would have done me just fine. It was strong and I definitely felt uber relaxed and a little buzzy in my head, but it wasn't in any way incapacitating. I slept ridiculously long and was out cold and the entire next day I could still feel the effects of the kava. I think the next time I make it I will do half of what I did and try to just drink two glasses. I think that is all I will need. One to get me there and the other to keep me there. It's amazing stuff! So glad I started with that one! :) I can definitely see that a little will go a long way and be a good value. :)
How many tbs? Did you refill kava powder also?

Odourman

Skål from Sweden!
I'm new at aluballin... I do this:
First wash cold water with a bit of oat milk (or almond).
Shake for 2min.
Then put the aluball in the fridge.
Second wash cold waterwith no milk.
Put it back in the fridge.
Third wash with not too hot water, I could hold my finger in it without crying. It just felt a bit warm. Just 30sec in the microwave.
fourth wash the same way.

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
I never had a reverse tolerance, even if I stop drinking kava for years.
Maybe people are different? I seem to be quite sensetive to kava. 2 tbs goes a long way for me.

We have like 4 hot weeks in the summer. You prob would wear a jacket during that time, but for me being from here it feels hot. But summer is short here so I try to enjoy it. The winter is long and the sun is up for only a short time so at working days I never see the sun. I would melt in Florida.

I don't have a big experience with a lot of different kavas. I was buying from the same vendor for a long time, but they don't ship here anymore. So I joined the forum and just started trying other kavas.

I like to write poetry and heady kava seems good for that, the heavy sort stops racing thoughts. At least for me.
Ah thank you for the definition. I see people refer to "heavy" and "heady" and I'm still trying to learn what it all means. Heavy= stops racing thoughts is a helpful definition for me. :) Thanks. :)

I wasn't sure if I would have reverse tolerance or not. I did a lot of reading and research and watched video reviews before I made a choice to try the Squanch as my first go. It seems that reverse tolerance is a common enough thing that I just had expected that I would probably experience it too. At any rate, I really didn't know what to expect from drinking the kava and I guess I went into it with low expectations after having used many other herbal and natural things over the years that really didn't help me much. Needless to say I was bowled over that not only did I feel the kava, that I felt it that strongly. I could feel it for almost two full days from just two washes. I shook up a third but couldn't drink it. I felt pretty knackered already and had no desire to drink any more.

Oh I cannot even imagine a real winter. I've never seen snow in my life. I was in Austria once in early September and it was the coldest I've ever been in my entire life! Here September is still high summer and along with August are our hottest most humid months and most active for hurricanes.

I'm complaining now because it is August and miserable outside, but truth be told I would rather be hot than cold any day of the week. I would hate not being able to see the sun. I do love how bright and sun shiney it is here. It's one of the things I miss when I go elsewhere.

I hope that you are able to try the Squanch. I would be interested in hearing your experiences with it since you are pretty sensitive and have tried some other kavas. I ordered a batch of 24 wave from Ozia originals along with the candies to try and I also ordered some Bati with the strainer from kavafied. I am looking foward to trying them and comparing the effects. I loved the Squanch, but I think the effects maybe a bit too strong for me for daytime drinking. I have a lot of stress typically and I would like to find something that I can have during the day to take the edge off and reserve the Squanch for the evenings/weekends. I hope you are able to get it and write some nice poetry. Sorry to write such a novel! lol I always say I don't talk to much but rather that I'm just "linguistically gifted" ;) hehe It was nice chatting with you. Bula! :)

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
How many tbs? Did you refill kava powder also?
I filled up one half of the aluball. I didn't measure it scientifically or anything, I just used a regular spoon that you would use to stir coffee with and I think it was three of those to fill up the one half of the aluball. It filled up with the kava to just under the threads of the aluball half then I screwed it together and put it in the aluball shaker with water up to the letter "A" in the Aluball sticker. I did not add anymore kava no. I only added a little bit of almond milk to the shaker to replace what I had drunk with my first glass. Maybe it was 6 ounces? I hope that makes sense and is helpful. :)

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
I'm new at aluballin... I do this:
First wash cold water with a bit of oat milk (or almond).
Shake for 2min.
Then put the aluball in the fridge.
Second wash cold waterwith no milk.
Put it back in the fridge.
Third wash with not too hot water, I could hold my finger in it without crying. It just felt a bit warm. Just 30sec in the microwave.
fourth wash the same way.
Wow you do four washes and are still standing after? :D You're a strong guy! hehe I could only drink one and a half of the aluball shakers and I was dunzo! When you say you put it in the fridge do you mean the entire shaker or you take the ball out and put that in the fridge? How long do you keep it in there for and what does that step do for the kava? Just curious. I have a lot to learn still. Thanks. :)

Odourman

Skål from Sweden!
Ah thank you for the definition. I see people refer to "heavy" and "heady" and I'm still trying to learn what it all means. Heavy= stops racing thoughts is a helpful definition for me. :) Thanks. :)

I wasn't sure if I would have reverse tolerance or not. I did a lot of reading and research and watched video reviews before I made a choice to try the Squanch as my first go. It seems that reverse tolerance is a common enough thing that I just had expected that I would probably experience it too. At any rate, I really didn't know what to expect from drinking the kava and I guess I went into it with low expectations after having used many other herbal and natural things over the years that really didn't help me much. Needless to say I was bowled over that not only did I feel the kava, that I felt it that strongly. I could feel it for almost two full days from just two washes. I shook up a third but couldn't drink it. I felt pretty knackered already and had no desire to drink any more.

Oh I cannot even imagine a real winter. I've never seen snow in my life. I was in Austria once in early September and it was the coldest I've ever been in my entire life! Here September is still high summer and along with August are our hottest most humid months and most active for hurricanes.

I'm complaining now because it is August and miserable outside, but truth be told I would rather be hot than cold any day of the week. I would hate not being able to see the sun. I do love how bright and sun shiney it is here. It's one of the things I miss when I go elsewhere.

I hope that you are able to try the Squanch. I would be interested in hearing your experiences with it since you are pretty sensitive and have tried some other kavas. I ordered a batch of 24 wave from Ozia originals along with the candies to try and I also ordered some Bati with the strainer from kavafied. I am looking foward to trying them and comparing the effects. I loved the Squanch, but I think the effects maybe a bit too strong for me for daytime drinking. I have a lot of stress typically and I would like to find something that I can have during the day to take the edge off and reserve the Squanch for the evenings/weekends. I hope you are able to get it and write some nice poetry. Sorry to write such a novel! lol I always say I don't talk to much but rather that I'm just "linguistically gifted" ;) hehe It was nice chatting with you. Bula! :)
I think heavy is more body stimulating and relaxing and heady isn't as relaxing and more stimulating for the mind. It's hard to explain. Heady is more "fun" heavy is more "laid back".

I feel it too the day after. I think I'm more suited to drink it the evenings so that it carry ons into the next day.

When I go elsewhere it takes some time for me to get used to it. I'm like a vampire, haha, I would have to wear sun glasses and stay out of the sunlight. I'm more light sensetive than most Swedes. The warmest place I have been to is Teneriffa. It was hot there! But nice.
It's strange because I rather be cold, because I can always put more clothes on. If it's too hot I can't take of my skin and dance around in my bones. But I guess it's because I'm used to the cold. I do like sunshine, don't get me wrong on that. I want to visit Florida or Cali someday.

I have been to Austria a lot. I have only been there in the summer. It was hot then.

Im going to order some bati too! The Supreme was nice. It does cost a lot to buy kava for me, the Swedish krona isn't great and shipping and duties and customs....

Bula! I love novels!
I feel somewhat linguistically challenged when writing in English!

Odourman

Skål from Sweden!
I filled up one half of the aluball. I didn't measure it scientifically or anything, I just used a regular spoon that you would use to stir coffee with and I think it was three of those to fill up the one half of the aluball. It filled up with the kava to just under the threads of the aluball half then I screwed it together and put it in the aluball shaker with water up to the letter "A" in the Aluball sticker. I did not add anymore kava no. I only added a little bit of almond milk to the shaker to replace what I had drunk with my first glass. Maybe it was 6 ounces? I hope that makes sense and is helpful. :)
That is how much I have in a ball.

Odourman

Skål from Sweden!
Wow you do four washes and are still standing after? :D You're a strong guy! hehe I could only drink one and a half of the aluball shakers and I was dunzo! When you say you put it in the fridge do you mean the entire shaker or you take the ball out and put that in the fridge? How long do you keep it in there for and what does that step do for the kava? Just curious. I have a lot to learn still. Thanks. :)
I never filled the ball with more kava or changed the kava. 4 washes with the same kava in the ball.
I put the whole bottle in there and came back after about 30 min and did the second wash. I'm nog sure what it does with the kava... maybe softens it? It seems to work.
And each wash I fill the bottle with about 7-8oz water.

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
I think heavy is more body stimulating and relaxing and heady isn't as relaxing and more stimulating for the mind. It's hard to explain. Heady is more "fun" heavy is more "laid back".

I feel it too the day after. I think I'm more suited to drink it the evenings so that it carry ons into the next day.
I can only drink the Squanch Fiji Waka in the evenings because of it's strength, but I look forward to trying some "daytime" kavas. I find myself craving it which is funny since I've only had it twice now and I don't particular like the astringent taste of it, but I find myself wanting to drink it all the time. I think my order of Bati comes in today's mail so I will try that one next and see how I feel. I bought the kit that comes with two coconut shells and the strainer so I will have proper shells to drink out of now and will be able to try traditional prep. I'm looking forward to it. :)

When I go elsewhere it takes some time for me to get used to it.

I'm like a vampire, haha, I would have to wear sun glasses and stay out of the sunlight. I'm more light sensetive than most Swedes. The warmest place I have been to is Teneriffa. It was hot there! But nice.
Ah I have never been to Spain even though my family are originally from there. I would love to go at some point. One side of my family are from the Canary Islands, I'm not sure which one though, the rest are from Asturias in Northern Spain and went from there to Cuba and then here to Florida.

It's strange because I rather be cold, because I can always put more clothes on. If it's too hot I can't take of my skin and dance around in my bones. But I guess it's because I'm used to the cold.
Yeah I think it's just what you are used to that you prefer. For me, I'm used to wearing shorts, t shirts and flip flops and everything in a lightweight breathable fabric and that feels comfortable to me. When I have to put on layers and layers of clothes I feel like I'm being suffocated by them and I just want to strip them all off to where I'm just in shorts and t shirts again. People always know that I'm a native Floridian because in winter I will have socks on with my flip flops and a sweater on over my shorts. If I have to put on long pants then it's really a cold day. Fortunately we only get maybe 4 really cold days a year where it can get down to 13C during the day. I try not to go out when it's that cold.

I do like sunshine, don't get me wrong on that. I want to visit Florida or Cali someday.
Cali is probably better. I think the scenery is at any rate and probably the restaurants too. I don't know. I've never been there but those are just my impressions. I would love to drive the Pacific Coast Highway at some point. It's supposed to be amazing. I love my state, don't get me wrong, but for people coming from elsewhere they don't really seem to "get it". Florida's charm is quiet and kind of hidden, you kinda have to know someone who knows the special places and can share it with you to really appreciate it. You also have to be the type of person who doesn't mind being outside and sweaty to get the most out of this state. Alot of the people who come here find themselves a bit at a loss of what to do besides go to South Beach, eat and drink a lot. There is a lot to do here, you just have to know what it is. :)

Cali seems to be easier to find the charms. The scenery, climate and scene just seem to be better on the whole at least those are my impressions. I do know some secret places here in Florida though that I go to that I absolutely love and others don't seem to frequent too much so I feel like I have it all to myself which is nice. :)

I have been to Austria a lot. I have only been there in the summer. It was hot then.
Nice. I've only been blessed with the good fortune to visit Europe once. I loved it though and would go back in a heartbeat if I had the opportunity. I was in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, part of France, Germany and Austria.

Im going to order some bati too! The Supreme was nice. It does cost a lot to buy kava for me, the Swedish krona isn't great and shipping and duties and customs....
Ah I wish there was a less expensive way for you to get it. It's a shame. It's already pretty costly to begin with. That's the one thing about Europe, they charge you in so many ways. That's one thing I like about America is how many things are free. I remember when I was in Europe and I ordered some Hungarian Goulash which I'd never had before. Along with the goulash they gave me a basket of bread rolls which were delicious with the goulash. When the waiter came to tally up my bill he asked me how many bread rolls I had eaten and I was gobsmacked by the question. I could only estimate how many I had eaten because they were so good and I was so hungry I kind of wolfed them down. I had no idea they charge you per item for things that they just put on the table like that. I found that out too in Austria with the little Mozartkugeln that they put on the tables. Here all of that stuff would have been free with free refills as well. I learned pretty quickly not to eat the stuff on the table without asking first what it cost. hehehehe That is the fun of travelling though. New experiences. I also learned the hard way that what we call the bathroom is a WC in Europe. When I checked into my hotel in Amsterdam after arriving to Europe I was dancing in my pants I had to pee so bad. I asked the hotel manager where the bathroom was because the hotel was like a large house with four floors and there were no toilets in the room only a sink and a mirror. He told me where it was but it was occupied. I was dancing outside of the door for 10 minutes wondering what in the world the guy in there had eaten that was taking him so long and wondering how nuclear the smell would be when I finally got in there when he finally came out in a robe with a cloud of steam behind him and I realized that it was literally a bath room. I ran back to the manager and asked, "Where is the toilet?" and he said, "Oh the WC, that's over here" and pointed me to a different room. From then on I asked only for a WC. hehehehe

Bula! I love novels!
I feel somewhat linguistically challenged when writing in English!
Your English is excellent. Europeans are always so amazing in how they speak so many languages. I think everyone in the Scandinavia area I've ever met speaks at least 4 languages. I only speak two. I'm a dummy. hehehehehe

I hope you feel better soon. Migraines are awful things. You have may sympathies! CYBER HUG