What's new

weight loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

kavayo

Kava Enthusiast
does anyone know the mechanism behind the "kava induced weight loss" people report? is it just because you stave yourself a bit before your grog for maxium effect or does kava have an actual reaction to the body to make it shed weight/fat?

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Just that if you depending on Kava to lose weight then it is not sustainable. It's a temporary appetite suppressant. Within two or three hours your appetite is back to normal.

Jerome

Kava Lover
I know it works wonders if you replace alcohol consumption with kava, with regard to weight loss. But that's not the kavas doing, just the abstinence from alcohol.

kavayo

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah.. I get snacky too. I have a hard time keeping weight on so was concerned about this but have figured out timing perfectly lately. FYI cottage cheese after a grog is fucking amazing for some reason.

I've lost alot of weight since drinking Kava. I think it's the lack of alcohol and appetite suppression coupled with making yourself getting into the empty stomach mindset. I would rather be a dot hungry at night and set myself up for a good Kava session.

I've lost alot of weight since drinking Kava. I think it's the lack of alcohol and appetite suppression coupled with making yourself getting into the empty stomach mindset. I would rather be a dot hungry at night and set myself up for a good Kava session.

So I have been setting up my sessions right before a big meal. I drink strong shells so I'm not bloated then eat. Doing it this way doesn't seem to suppress my appetite. I get hungry again within hours of eating (wicked metabolism). I think if you ride the high then you get the suppression. Could be wrong.

So I have been setting up my sessions right before a big meal. I drink strong shells so I'm not bloated then eat. Doing it this way doesn't seem to suppress my appetite. I get hungry again within hours of eating (wicked metabolism). I think if you ride the high then you get the suppression. Could be wrong.
I see what you are saying. I've noticed that I try to not eat alot about two hours before. Then after a nice Kava wave, I really just kinda forget about food? Or something like that.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah. Same with the sleep blocking effects . It takes a while for that to come in

So I feel like if you have moi or something then go right to bed you'll be fine. And if you have moi and then go to eat you'll he fine but if you wait like an hour or two you will probrably not be hungry and not very sleepy

Status
Not open for further replies.