What's new

Weird back symptoms, anyone with similar experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kravatomill

Kava Curious
So, about a little more than a week ago I got this sharp pain in my back, pretty much felt like it was right below the skin, at first I thought it was a hidden pimple, but a days later or so the pain had spread around under my left arm and over my left breast.
The pain feels very much like a sunburn, simple tasks like putting on a t-shirt feels quite uncomfortable.
The pain hasn't really got any better, but I guess I have come to accept it more, however other symptoms has occurred, such as a weird stings in different parts of my body, just like small itchy stings, I'm not sure I'm using the right words here, English is not my first language, but it does feel like it's related to nerves somehow.

Alcohol tends to make the pain go away almost completely, but I'd have to drink quite a lot before reaching that point.
Kava does seem to help as well, probably due to the relaxing and numbing effects of the plant.
It's just really annoying. Unless it could be something very serious I have no interest in going to a hospital, the procedure here in Thailand is pretty much waiting forever to meet a doc that doesn't really give a shit and prescribe you some paracetamol for double the price of the same crap you can get at 7eleven... Since this is a country where next to everything is sold OTC it's many times easier to try to diagnose oneself, I know that's not always the smartest thing, and I know at least the vast majority here are not doctors or medical experts, I'm simply trying to see if there is anyone who've had similar experiences.

right now I suspect a punctured or twisted nerve, and since it's in my back it makes sense to me that it radiates out to different parts of my body, but then again, what do I know. I should also notice that I've been suffering from GERD and inflammation of the esophagus an that perhaps this could be related somehow. The symptoms started after a quite uncomfortable bus ride though which makes me suspect a nerve damage even more. However, it's been about 2 weeks and things aren't really getting better.
I know that if I ask what I should do the vast majority will probably say "go to a doctor", but it would be great to know if there is anyone of you guys who have had a similar experience and that later have healed by yourself.
That's pretty much it. Thanks.

D

Deleted User01

I think it's a nerve for sure. I say this because I recently took my wife about a leg injury and they were looking to see if it was a nerve in the back generating pain down the leg. Evidently those things can travel all over the place. Sorry, I don't know anyone who healed themselves. Tell ya what, I have a relative in Med School that wants to major in neurology. I'll float my him right now.

Jerome

Kava Lover
No rashes? Is the sensation limited to one side of the body?

Could it be shingles? I had that two years ago. Its generally an illness reserved for the elderly but my brother and I have both had it young.

D

Deleted User01

@Kravatomill, I got you a pretty involved answer and I'm going to send it to you in a private message. He thought you were older and so there was one concern. I told him that I thought you were young to middle age. Anyway, I see another reply coming in so I'm posting them both directly in a PM. It should be there in 5 minutes. But for all the kiddies out there reading this, the answer is always, "You better get that checked out". But anyway, here it goes ...

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
No rashes? Is the sensation limited to one side of the body?

Could it be shingles? I had that two years ago. Its generally an illness reserved for the elderly but my brother and I have both had it young.
That's terrible, I hear that shingles is extremely painful :(

Kravatomill

Kava Curious
Thanks for the inputs everyone, it has become very obvious to me that there is only one thing I should do, go and get an appointment. Better having some answers than living in anxious fear while finding every possible disease it could be (which always are many) on the internet. I'm pretty sure seeing a real physician would help me calm down my hypochondria a notch as well.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Thanks for the inputs everyone, it has become very obvious to me that there is only one thing I should do, go and get an appointment. Better having some answers than living in anxious fear while finding every possible disease it could be (which always are many) on the internet. I'm pretty sure seeing a real physician would help me calm down my hypochondria a notch as well.
Don't live in anxious fear, drink more kava! It still might kill you but at least you'll care less :)

Status
Not open for further replies.