What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

infraredz

BULA!
Ahh yeah man I hope so too. You have slipped disc or something? I feel like I read it but not sure where.

I think I speak for all of us.... Hope you start feeling better sooner than later! I don't know much about epidurals but I'm not a fan. Maybe because my only experience with one was watching the doc tell wife they didn't have time to give her it before the baby came. Shortly after that we reenacted that famous scene from The Exorcist.....with the head spinning. Odd thing... :hilarious:
Thanks for the kind words and well wishes!

I have two herniated discs (L4-L5 and L5-S1), one of which is "severely herniated" (L5-S1)and extruded (meaning the nucleus pulposus [inner 'jelly' of the disc'] ruptures through the annulus fibrosus [outer layer of connective tissue surrounding nucleus pulposus]. This is the one causing the most severe of the sciatica and radiculopathy.

Then, I have another herniation at L4-L5 that is not extruded and not causing significant radiculopathy but is actually torn (there is a tear in the annulus) which is the one most likely causing the actual severe back pain.

I'm going to actually be put under general anaesthesia for the procedure and at least they are using a guided approach (under fluoroscopy, a type of realtime x-ray) and not like the old days of blind epidural injections :eek:

infraredz

BULA!
What are the opinions of hydration and kava. I drink almost a gallon at work and not much more water when I'm home. Should I be drinking more post kava or is my work water "banking" up for the day to prevent dehydration at night when krunked?
That sounds adequate. I drink about 3-4 liters of water a day (recommended is usually around 2-3), then a liter/1.5 liter of water after drinking kava (though I sip on it throughout the evening/night).

blindy107

Kava Lover
That sounds adequate. I drink about 3-4 liters of water a day (recommended is usually around 2-3), then a liter/1.5 liter of water after drinking kava (though I sip on it throughout the evening/night).
Gotcha gotcha. Ok thanks. I'll try more post grog water.

Speedy recovery bud!

infraredz

BULA!
I only do that and recommend that because kava has a somewhat significant diuretic effect and therefore, even if you "go into it" hydrated, you can get dehydrated pretty quick depending on the amount of kava, ratio of water/kava, personal idiosyncracies, etc.

blindy107

Kava Lover
I only do that and recommend that because kava has a somewhat significant diuretic effect and therefore, even if you "go into it" hydrated, you can get dehydrated pretty quick depending on the amount of kava, ratio of water/kava, personal idiosyncracies, etc.
Yeah I have felt it I think. Mild headache and such. Just figured it couldn't be due to lack of water after drinking so much. Thanks for clearing up.

infraredz

BULA!
Yeah I have felt it I think. Mild headache and such. Just figured it couldn't be due to lack of water after drinking so much. Thanks for clearing up.
Yep, any and (pretty much) every time I get a headache, I reach for my water bottle...

Also, just a cautionary note, be sure not to overhydrate which can lead to possibly dangerous imbalances of electrolytes in the body and can actually cause death in extreme cases.

It's good to stay hydrated, and hydrate after drinking kava, but make sure that it's not going overboard.

Everyone knows that Dihydrogen monoxide is toxic... :p
[It actually is, with an LD50 of {I think} around 90mg/kg in rats]

blindy107

Kava Lover
I am intrigued by the Kalm. Do you guys use it as a "on the go" drink when you don't have time for a knead? I almost brought one to work but am occasionally behind the wheel of $100,000 worth of car i don't own :whistle: Decided to skip it while on the clock ;)

Roaddog

Kava Who?
BKH Boroguru tonight. I made a nice big one. Very heady for sure. But levels out nice. Last along time. I ate dinner an hour ago, and still feel nice. Longest lasting Kava, I have tried so far. I did have bacon and eggs, hash browns, and waffles, tonight. Maybe the greasy thing helped. Much love. Roaddog....

blindy107

Kava Lover
Mmmmmm breakfast....

Finished the Kalm a while ago. Got a grin on my face and heavy heavy body feeling. Then I had to go to costco....that was entertaining. I was feeling pretty chatty at that point. Had some issues focusing at times which I found odd. All in all pretty rowdy beverage I must say. Gonna try a little nene for bed I think. Gnight!

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
As far as kava goes Roaddog, Grease is the beast when eaten immediately after consumption. (y)
This evening only 2tblsp of Ghk Boroguru was needed as per my kava barometer but that doesn't mean I won't take home the bacon later tonight with 2 more!:happy:
It is Friday after all and for that I happily say Bula! :hungry:

blindy107

Kava Lover
Just mixed my first batch of GHK Boroguru. Did 4 slightly heaping tablespoons med grind to 1.5 cups hot water about 115•F. Blended a few times in intervals. Mixed with about half cup of cold vanilla almond milk, unsweetened of course. Strained 3 times with mesh strainer.

First shell down, effects felt in about 2 minutes. Numb mouth and smiles of anticipation.

What are YOU drinking tonight??

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Just mixed my first batch of GHK Boroguru. Did 4 slightly heaping tablespoons med grind to 1.5 cups hot water about 115•F. Blended a few times in intervals. Mixed with about half cup of cold vanilla almond milk, unsweetened of course. Strained 3 times with mesh strainer.

First shell down, effects felt in about 2 minutes. Numb mouth and smiles of anticipation.

What are YOU drinking tonight??
Really, I prefer the sweetened. But I'm an almond milk man myself. wow lot of Ms. Anyway some times I just nuke the almond milk, and use it straight. then I wash the kava a second time in water, and pour that in the mix. I double strain, once through a traditional kava bags, then a second strain through a handkerchief. I cant take the grit. Much love. Roaddog.....

blindy107

Kava Lover
@Roaddog I am off sugar the last few months so unsweetened it is for me! I do the hot water first then cool with the almond or coconut milk myself. Whatever works!

@kavadude I have yet to try that. Maybe next time around!

The boroguru was gnarly. Forgot how peppery it can be after a few days of Kalm and micros!! It took me right to the edge of perfection. Whipped a tbsp of mahakea for one more shell that sent me over! Fine work Chris!