What's new

What do i get next?!

Bula man!

Kava Curious
So I tried boroguru and really liked it, for the first 45 mins to an hour, and then it gets to nauseating and leaves a small but noticeable headache the next day. Anyway im looking at WakaCons figi waka and melo melo...out of these which one should I get or is there anything better?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
All of it. Drink all of the kava. That's my advice.

Since you didn't seem to tolerate the boroguru very well I'd go for something on the headier side, BKH melo melo would be a good pick.

If you get a headache I'd make sure to drink plenty of water. It's a diuretic and will dehydrate you.

infraredz

BULA!
Everything kavadude said is spot on advice. Kava gave me headaches at first due to being dehydrated... Most of us are chronically dehydrated anyways so drink up!

I would definitely recommend Melo Melo or Nambawan (gotta cheerlead for that, as always). Melo Melo is a close second in terms of my favorite kava and it definitely has caught on here. Judd has always said it's his favorite kava, and there's a reason the kava man (who has a warehouse of it, and access to all sorts of strains) chooses it!

If you haven't already, I might suggest the sampler pack so you can get an idea of what works best for you. I haven't been around for a while so not sure how new you are, but kava is extremely variable in terms of how any given person responds to it and what people like or need out of it.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
DHM will also give you nausea in the beginning, it takes some getting over, small amounts to build a tolerance. Wakacon Fiji waka is a favorite of mine. Try nambawan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hawaiian varieties do not cause the nauseating feeling, I wish that I had some of my Hawaiian 'Awa (Kava) ready for sale but not yet, I hope to have some Hawaiian in the next few weeks. Also when i make my kava, I will try it slowly meaning I will try it over a few days, I will make my normal strength of kava, meaning my normal weight of kava and amount of water, I make my drink and then I will take one big gulp, then wait for about 5-10 min and go for another big gulp and wait 5-10 min and another big gulp, if you need it. This way you get to know the kava better and you can avoid the nauseating feeling sometimes by doing it that way. Aloha.

Chris

D

Deleted User01

And get Hydrated before you start your session. Like start drinking water an hour ahead of time. Really, you should try to drink water all day long, it's good for you. Oh, and one more thing, more sure you are close to a bathroom.

infraredz

BULA!
Also, I've said it before, but ginger is an amazing anti-emetic and will kill most nausea (even some CNS-caused nausea). Don't get regular ginger ale as it doesn't have nearly enough ginger in it. Reeds makes a very good extra strength ginger ale and there are little ginger "candies" (think they're called ginger chews) at most health foods stores. Also, I've found that just pure, powdered ginger from the baking aisle works.

Ginger has actually been found to be as effective as Dramamine at preventing vomiting.