What's new

What do you mix up that helps with pain? Tongan?

BulamamatoNCIRVCKKPC

Learn to love me, assemble the ways...
I really don't prefer heady kava but I have loads of it! I have a cupboard full of heavy and heady kavas and a bit of hip pain going on but I'd like to exercise. I'm mixing up some Tongan Family reserve today. Was wondering if anyone was willing to share any ideas. I've got the week off with the kids. Kava is a *must*! lol

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
For pain, I mix heavy. Ni-Vanuatu, Hanakapiʻai or Hiwa.

Best analgesic effect I ever had was from unpeeled 100% lateral roots Maewo boroguru. After that, maybe pre-Pam Ahouia. If you don't want to go the Hawaiian route, I'd look towards something like Kavafied Kava Supreme or KWK Borongoru.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
This probably won't be a popular answer but try a non noble kava like a PNG or Hawaiian Isa. These kavas attract a lot of misinformation by uninformed people but there is actually nothing wrong with tudei or isa kavas. What you do have to do is treat them with respect. Non noble kavas always have a much higher percentage of DHK and DHM kavalactones which can really help with chronic pain and insomnia but the flip side is that those KL's stay in the system longer and so if you overdo it you can easily leave yourself feeling lethargic and possibly slightly nauseated the next day. The trick is to balance your consumption so that you can deal with your pain symptoms without overdoing it on the kava. In my experience despite drinking all of the strongest noble kavas you will never quite reach the level that a tudei or isa kava will hit. Please, please, please don't listen to the naysayers who will always just dismiss tudei kava out of hand even though they usually don't have experience of it. I used to be completely guilty of the very same thing until Kojo Douglas La Rose encouraged me to try these kavas and it opened my eyes to them. Do not fear the hype! Do however do your homework, read about tudei and FKB and just make up your own mind.