What's new

What is your kava consuming "pace" ?

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
For the best results, what pace have you found is ideal for drinking kava ?
Maybe finish this sentence or fill in the blank, "I've found it ideal to drink 1 shell every _________ minutes. "
Part 2 of the question - does your pace change as you drink more kava ?
For example, do you start our drinking a shell every X amount of minutes, but end up drinking a shell every Y amount of minutes later ?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
For the best results, what pace have you found is ideal for drinking kava ?
Maybe finish this sentence or fill in the blank, "I've found it ideal to drink 1 shell every _________ minutes. "
Part 2 of the question - does your pace change as you drink more kava ?
For example, do you start our drinking a shell every X amount of minutes, but end up drinking a shell every Y amount of minutes later ?
500ml/hr for the first two hours, then 250ml per hour for forever. I don't know about others but at first I'm building a base, a base of relaxation. Once established, it just needs some regular maintenance, or not, but I don't need the same intensity just to keep things copacetic.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
What is the "pace" you speak of?
I completely play this by ear, with no set timing or amount. The only thing I can guarantee is the my first shell is typically 10-12 oz of first wash all at once. After that it all depends on how it hits me, what I have going on, when dinner is (I try and make sure I am all ramped up prior to eating so I can maintain through the night) and possibly if starting later in the evening when I plan to hit the sack.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Zaphod's answer is quite reasonable, the_wilderness is quite unique, however for those who do acknowledge and measure the pace Plantacious is asking about - Kavashua, Krunkie McKrunkface and possibly future participants - let's make the data more complete. What are you drinking? How many TSP's are in those mls on average?
Typically I use 4 TBS to make a litre, double balling it in two washes then combining. Subsequent washes I make to the same strength or sometimes stronger.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Pace is always determined by factors like how hard the kava I'm drinking is (or isn't) hitting, how my stomach is handling it and what I'm doing at the time. There isn't really a one size fits all or set rule.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Pace is always determined by factors like how hard the kava I'm drinking is (or isn't) hitting, how my stomach is handling it and what I'm doing at the time. There isn't really a one size fits all or set rule.
Excellent point !
So with a question that has such complicated outcomes, perhaps I could propose or phrase the question this way, in order to make it "answerable".
If your pace varies based on various variables, then what range of minutes do you take to drink each shell ? Such as "My shell takes anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes".
Or I could ask it this way, "What is the average length of time ?"
Whichever is easier.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Zaphod's answer is quite reasonable, the_wilderness is quite unique, however for those who do acknowledge and measure the pace Plantacious is asking about - Kavashua, Krunkie McKrunkface and possibly future participants - let's make the data more complete. What are you drinking? How many TSP's are in those mls on average?
My typical night is 8TBS of medium grind traditionally prepped in roughly 4-4.5 cups of water. Usually made with warm water and then cooled but not always. Aluball comes in when I don't have time or have to bring it with me.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Excellent point !
So with a question that has such complicated outcomes, perhaps I could propose or phrase the question this way, in order to make it "answerable".
If your pace varies based on various variables, then what range of minutes do you take to drink each shell ? Such as "My shell takes anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes".
Whichever is easier.
This along with other questions can be measured and averaged out in a census. Kavadude used to post it once a year, maybe we can bring it back this year.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Excellent point !
Whichever is easier.
Usually I try to space my shells out about 20 minutes apart. If the kava is on the weaker side, closer to 15 or 10 minutes. If I'm feeling it strongly maybe wait 25 minutes or so. On the (now rare) exceptions that I get a good krunk going, I can go a while without needing another shell. This usually happens towards the end of the session anyway.