Change background image

Whatever happened to Kavafied's "brewing machine" they were working on ?

Discussion in 'Kavafied' started by Plantacious, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Plantacious

Plantacious Kava Enthusiast

I remember a video posted a while back, of a "pre-market demo" of a machine that was fully automatic in brewing kava.
    But I havn't heard anything about it in a long time.
    Are they still getting it ready for the market ? Or did I miss the unveiling of it, somehow ? Or did they decide not to go through with it ?
  2. Kapmcrunk

Kapmcrunk The Kaptain of Crunk KavaForums Founder

It's available for purchase if we're talking about the shaker. If you shoot a message to kavafied I'm sure he'd be happy to let you know about it.
    Plantacious likes this.
  3. kastom_lif

kastom_lif Kava Enthusiast

Nah, they had a prototype shiny metal machine that looked sort of like a juicer. Put root and water in, close the lid, and it makes noises while performing mechanical activities, and kava comes out a spout at the bottom.

The main differences between a regular juicer and a hypothetical kava machine, I would guess, are:
    1. The kava machine needs to strain out more fibers than what a juicer would let through.
    2. A juicer operates only on the water that's already inside whatever you juice, but a kava machine might need to have more water added as it runs.
    Kapmcrunk and Plantacious like this.
  4. Plantacious

Plantacious Kava Enthusiast

Not the manual shaking one, but the fully automatic electric one that does all the shaking, etc.
    kastom, below, referenced it.

That's the one.
    Do you know the "market status" of it ?
    kastom_lif and Kapmcrunk like this.