What's new

What's the best strain and method for Kava at work?

TJo

Kava Curious
I'm looking into using Kava at work for anxiety relief, I don't want it to be noticed by my co-workers and also don't want it to be too sedating.
What can you recommend? Is Instant the right stuff and does it work as effectively as medium grind? What strains would you recommend?

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
GHK Moi instant is a very good anxiety reliever that doesn't bring down performance much. If you need body relaxation, BHK instant or GHK Mahakea are usually reliable.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I'm looking into using Kava at work for anxiety relief, I don't want it to be noticed by my co-workers and also don't want it to be too sedating.
What can you recommend? Is Instant the right stuff and does it work as effectively as medium grind? What strains would you recommend?

Nene instant in small doses really won't knock you out but will help your day. How about trying kava candies? They're really good and discrete too.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
If you have cash instant is a good choice. Micro works ok too but I get a better effect from medium grind. You can always make a batch before work and put it in a thermos. That's what I do. I just take a few gulps here and there. I have it around for anxiety but it sure makes the day go by faster too. Moi from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava is the best heady strain for work in my opinion.

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I used to take my aluball to work but a few days ago a thought occured to me why not aluball at home and then just put my kava in a glass bottle and chill it. That is what I am going to start to do. Just sipthroughout day.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
You can drink it discreetly by pre-making it the night before work, or that morning, and putting it in a big coffee mug.
Everyone will just think you're drinking coffee.

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
I tried GHK moi and Nene instants at work and I felt real sleepy.
Thanks for all of your suggestions. About not making it not visible to co-workers, wouldn't it still smell quite strong and people will be curious? Maybe instant with some juice is the way to go.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
If you have cash instant is a good choice. Micro works ok too but I get a better effect from medium grind. You can always make a batch before work and put it in a thermos. That's what I do. I just take a few gulps here and there. I have it around for anxiety but it sure makes the day go by faster too. Moi from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava is the best heady strain for work in my opinion.
I definitely agree that Moi is the best kava for drinking at work that I've found so far, although many other kavas are quite good in the work setting. But Moi is the best.

If one couldn't make grog, then a combo of the candies and KWK concentrate would be good, IMO, although the concentrate can get quite expensive.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Pre-made, instants, or even microgrind are all good. So many people make up protein shakes at work that no one bats an eye if I shake up an aluball. Looks like a chocolate shake. If someone happens to see the ball or asks I just say it is cold tea.

I vote micronized. Nothing more satisfying than having the boss freaked out at my desk, and in front of him measuring a tablespoon and mixing in lemonade.

I think my coworkers think it's a health shake. A very smelly, bitter health shake.

I need to try my Aluball, but that is frightening for some reason. One time I did bring a giant Thermos full of kava for an all nighter. I figured everybody thought I was a real go getter bringing all that "coffee."

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Pre-made, instants, or even microgrind are all good. So many people make up protein shakes at work that no one bats an eye if I shake up an aluball. Looks like a chocolate shake. If someone happens to see the ball or asks I just say it is cold tea.
I'm totally out to the world. I drink kava. Proud of it. And just remember: "It's a herbal tea that tastes like crap and doesn't do anything. Pretty much everyone you know drinks some stupid herbal tea that tastes like crap and doesn't do anything, right? Well, there ya go."

Works like a charm. But if it doesn't, show them the quarter and accuse them of being unpatriotic.

Kavacoordinate

Kava Enthusiast
Moi is too much for me. Medium and micro just put my anxiety through the roof. I do really well with it when I mix it with something else like I've been mixing it with one of Judd's wakas