What's new

What's the oldest grog you drank and was still at least 'okay' ?

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Typically I hear people say grog is good for 2 or 3 days.
I'll be in a situation where I may really want to stretch that. So I'm curious how people have fared with grog that was 4+ days old ?
EDIT : Please see my reply to the post below, where I clarify my question further, since I wasn't totally clear on my situation.
Thanks.

Last edited:

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
About 5 days has always been my limit. I'm very sanitary and take special care to ensure there's no cross contamination. After a couple of days it gets pretty gross though. I think you're better just making smaller batches to stretch it.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
think you're better just making smaller batches to stretch it.
In this instance I am considering buying the grog pre-made from a kava lounge that makes and sells it in bulk, by the half-gallon or by the gallon.
It's a bit pricey, but I want to rotate it with my own grog sometimes for a couple reasons ; theirs is better than what I make, and secondly the
obvious fact that it's easier and quicker than making it myself.

So if I buy a half gallon, I could make that last more than 3 days, so I'm trying to figure out if it would be any good after 3 days, or if I will be basically throwing away money on unused kava, on top of the extra price I'm paying for their product.
Maybe what I should do is freeze half of it, as soon as I buy it.