What's new

Whats this point system about ?

AZcat

Kava Drinker
I would like to know that this Points thing is, how you get more of them ( if that's a good thing ) and why is it that I am not allowed to reply to some posts.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Ha, I was just looking at the same thing. Got no clue!
If a discussion is closed to further replies, then you get a message that you are not allowed when you try to post; but it is just as likely that no one is allowed.

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
I would like to know that this Points thing is, how you get more of them ( if that's a good thing ) and why is it that I am not allowed to reply to some posts.
I believe it's an anti-spam system, which throttles the activity of new accounts.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
For this website the point system is used as milestones, like when you reach 50 likes, it goes up, there are other achievements that I can't think of now. It's a feature built into the platform we use but it serves no purpose.

AZcat

Kava Drinker
For this website the point system is used as milestones, like when you reach 50 likes, it goes up, there are other achievements that I can't think of now. It's a feature built into the platform we use but it serves no purpose.
And why is it that there are some posts I am not allowed to reply to because I don't have enough points or something, and I am not refering to threads that have been closed.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
And why is it that there are some posts I am not allowed to reply to because I don't have enough points or something, and I am not refering to threads that have been closed.
The points have nothing to do with certain forums. The only forum we don't allow new member's to participate in is an industry specific thread we have, as an off shoot of the In Depth kava discussions. Once you reach 6 months and 50 posts, that section becomes available.