What's new

When do you hydrate, take your b vitamins for next day lethargy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idgie

Kava Enthusiast
Hi there folks, long time since I've been on here, I had to give up kava after many repeated attempts due to next day lethargy. Let me begin with - I have the good stuff, GHK, Kalm w/ Kava, etc - so its not an issue there.
I recently saw my stash sitting in the cupboard, and gave it another go. A VERY small amount (2 tbls in Aluball), next day same thing - just absolutely overwhelming 'tired' feeling.
Doing some more searches here, of course the obvious is dehydration and maybe losing too many vitamins. So my question to those of you who have to 'counter' this effect - WHEN do you re-hydrate w/ water, and when would you consume extra b-vitamins (and what quantity, which b vitamins or do you take a 'complex' one)?
I would really enjoy to be able to have a few shells now and then, but next day effects aren't worth it. Do you drink your extra water, take your vitamins during your session? After? I have tried the next morning, but by that point - I'm too tired and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Any replies are greatly appreciated. Happy Friday!

D

Deleted User01

First off, I take 2 dose of Kava and I feel mellow the next morning. If you are doing too much, you may have a kava hangover. I also get 8 hours of sleep and that is very, very important to me. Now I'm a type A personality so feeling mellow is really really helpful to me. Sometimes I drink Pedialyte before I go to bed. In the morning, I take a vitamin B pill but I honestly don't know if it does any good. Bottom line is that frequent urination caused by kava is going to deplete your body and so you need to replenish.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hi there folks, long time since I've been on here, I had to give up kava after many repeated attempts due to next day lethargy. Let me begin with - I have the good stuff, GHK, Kalm w/ Kava, etc - so its not an issue there.
I recently saw my stash sitting in the cupboard, and gave it another go. A VERY small amount (2 tbls in Aluball), next day same thing - just absolutely overwhelming 'tired' feeling.
Doing some more searches here, of course the obvious is dehydration and maybe losing too many vitamins. So my question to those of you who have to 'counter' this effect - WHEN do you re-hydrate w/ water, and when would you consume extra b-vitamins (and what quantity, which b vitamins or do you take a 'complex' one)?
I would really enjoy to be able to have a few shells now and then, but next day effects aren't worth it. Do you drink your extra water, take your vitamins during your session? After? I have tried the next morning, but by that point - I'm too tired and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Any replies are greatly appreciated. Happy Friday!
FWIW I sip water during my sesh and then I dekrunk for an hour or two before bed and that is when I hydrate, at least two big glasses of water, preferably more. And then in the morning after a cup of coffee I start hydrating and the early afternoon I might have a few cups of yeba maté which I find very hydrating.

A little trick here to know if you're doing it right is to monitor the colour of your urine. It should be as clear as possible. Also, if there is a chalky appearance or odour to your urine, again, that's a sign you need to drink more water, and do so right away. At least one glass, preferably two or even more.

Idgie

Kava Enthusiast
Deleted User01, you da man. It may be as simple as I just I need to drink more water, like all day, the day I am going to consume kava. i was just hoping to maybe have a baseline, maybe just start w/ a gallon jug, get that down, and see if it makes a difference? I guess I'd still wander if I should do that before, during, or after kava? If doing too close to bedtime I would be up all night, lol... thank you

Idgie

Kava Enthusiast
Mr McKrunface, thank you! hmmm i may just have to try that, especially before bedtime... I will post back here of course if I try something that works. That is a good reminder about the urine color, I have heard that many times but always forget! ty.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Mr McKrunface, thank you! hmmm i may just have to try that, especially before bedtime... I will post back here of course if I try something that works. That is a good reminder about the urine color, I have heard that many times but always forget! ty.
I learned all that the hard way, unfortunately, but once I figured that out it did the trick.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
The way I do it is to have a shell. Drink some water. Have a shell. have a glass of water. At least one extra glass of water before bed, and as early as possible the next day. TBH I really don't like water, but it's the price you pay :)

Odourman

Skål from Sweden!
This is very important!

Boil 1liter water, add 1 teaspoon salt and 6 teaspoons of sugar.

Cool down and keep in fridge. Drink this to rehydrate!

Things that makes you dehydrated: Alcohol, Sodas, Energy Drinks, Coffee, Milk, Black/Green Tea.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Be careful drinking too much water too quick, it can be fatal. No joke. The previous poster's preparation is a bit safer since it has a little salt in it, that's why things like pedialyte and gatorade have electrolytes mixed in. But also don't chugs gobs of Gatorade, you probably don't more the a few more cups of water here and there, everyday.

I personally can't drink much water during my kava session, because kava seems float in my belly too long before passing through. I barely feel like I can squeeze the rest of my kava in, let alone additional cups of water. I drink plenty through out the day though, and don't really notice a distinct difference in my next day lethargy(*which I'm prone to*). I do drink a much higher dose of kava than you though.

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I personally can't drink much water during my kava session, because kava seems float in my belly too long before passing through. I barely feel like I can squeeze the rest of my kava in, let alone additional cups of water. I drink plenty through out the day though, and don't really notice a distinct difference in my next day lethargy. I do drink a much higher dose of kava than you though.
Same here. The one time of the day I'm not hydrating is when I'm in a sesh. That's when I sip water. And like you, as long as I am hydrated the rest of the time I never experience any next day lethargy, or if I do, it goes away after a few minutes when I get up and start hydrating.

FWIW and FTR, with kava I find I have more energy in general and am far more productive than before, and I was not bad before, just even better with kava. This could be a secondary kava effect due to 8 hours of sleep a night and being hydrated all the time and having no stress or anxiety whatsoever.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
I have been using this product for 10 years and have found that it works wonderfully with kava too, and you can take the packets with you anywhere and just pour it in a 1/2 bottle of water. If you're really looking to both re-hydrate and replenish electrolytes then this is the way to go. I think its especially good if you drink a lot of water in any circumstance.

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/bodytech-electrolyte-fizz-concord-grape-32-packets/vs-2574

Vice

Kava Enthusiast
I am constantly battling dehydration. I do sprayfoam Inslulation in attics, the attics sometimes start around 120-130* and than the foam I'm spraying is around 250-300* I were a tyvek suit and hood with fresh air being pumped in from the outside. That helps but I sweat my Ballz off! Than I drink a few cups of coffee a day, a cup or four of tea, I use a mass of other herbs that are naturally hydrophobic and and dehydrate the stomach. Than I get to the end of the day and need to have my beloved favorite root drink. I drink so much water but it's hardy ever enough. Coconut water is great, and I try to drink a glass or two after a few shells, I'd sometimes use that to mix the root. Pickle juice is a godsend especially after I go on a 3-4 hour mountain bike ride. I try not to drink gadorade, because it's got a lot of nasty sugar and I don't like to drink any thing more yellow than my pee. Like Mr Mckrunkface says monitor your pee color. If I'm home I put a big jug of water out on the counter that I want to drink for the day. I always drink more if I can see it and see how much you have drunk. I hope you can get your krunk on again

Status
Not open for further replies.