What's new

When does kava expire?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Just bought a lot of kava and am wondering how long I have before it loses its effects or goes bad?
A LONG LONG time. If it's sealed in a ziplock, and sitting in a dark pantry it'll keep for years. I drank kava from 2015 earlier this year because I had failed to notice my kava stocks and ran out. Just make sure it doesn't smell moldy or "off" when you open the bag for the first time in a while.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I would guess 10 - 15 years with proper storage. If kept dry and intact, pepper products are amazing, even though the active ingredients involve lipids. Dry peppercorns, for example, if whole and stored dry, will keep for 100 years.

N

Noname

Get a mason jar and then put it Ina dark place away from heat or sun

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I wish I could keep kava around long enough to find out. A pound never lasted me more then 2 weeks and I never forget I have kava in the pantry. :)

I forget where I put my keys all the time though.

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
I wish I could keep kava around long enough to find out. A pound never lasted me more then 2 weeks and I never forget I have kava in the pantry. :)

I forget where I put my keys all the time though.
I'd be the same if the dollar wasn't doing so bad and shipping was cheaper. :facepalm: