What's new

where to buy kava from UK?

stopwatch

Hi there,
I have two questions.
1. what Kava product/dosage would you recommend for moderate/severe GAD and panic disorder?
2. Where abouts should I get this from. I live in the UK?

Many thanks people

Love

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Welcome aboard! I think kava dose is a highly personal thing you will have to experiment with on your own in order to determine what works best. We have people with anxiety who use as little as a couple tablespoons twice a week, others find that more daily is necessary. The best thing to do is obtain some high quality kava and get to work. To that end, Global Kava Exports (http://globalkavaexports.com) ships good kava from within the UK. We also have several vendors in the US who will ship to you, but you may have to wait a few weeks to get it.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Hi there,
I have two questions.
1. what Kava product/dosage would you recommend for moderate/severe GAD and panic disorder?
2. Where abouts should I get this from. I live in the UK?

Many thanks people

Love
Hey there! Many people use kava to treat anxiety, but dosage and variety is often a personal choice. Some kavas very high in kavain can give drinkers an antsy feeling. You should look for something relatively balanced. Because your kava drinking will be an attempt to treat a condition, more than to provide intoxication, a well balanced noble kava would likely treat you well. Start with one or two strong servings, made by kneading and squeezing with a ratio of 1 part kava to 3-4 parts water. Adjust dosage from there.

We at Bula Kava House ship to the UK. Shipping up to 1 kg. will cost you $24. We use USPS Priority International shipping, which usually gets your kava to you within 10 days.

As kavadude said, GKE does ship from within the UK, so that is definitely an option. They have a good reputation.

If you decide on BKH kava, I recommend Melo Melo. It's well balanced, and the newest batch we are selling is pretty mild in taste.

In any case, good luck. Kava is a pretty special plant that has done a lot for many people.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Welcome aboard! I think kava dose is a highly personal thing you will have to experiment with on your own in order to determine what works best. We have people with anxiety who use as little as a couple tablespoons twice a week, others find that more daily is necessary. The best thing to do is obtain some high quality kava and get to work. To that end, Global Kava Exports (http://globalkavaexports.com) ships good kava from within the UK. We also have several vendors in the US who will ship to you, but you may have to wait a few weeks to get it.
yes, what He said. Much Love. Roaddog....

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Hey there! Many people use kava to treat anxiety, but dosage and variety is often a personal choice. Some kavas very high in kavain can give drinkers an antsy feeling. You should look for something relatively balanced. Because your kava drinking will be an attempt to treat a condition, more than to provide intoxication, a well balanced noble kava would likely treat you well. Start with one or two strong servings, made by kneading and squeezing with a ratio of 1 part kava to 3-4 parts water. Adjust dosage from there.

We at Bula Kava House ship to the UK. Shipping up to 1 kg. will cost you $24. We use USPS Priority International shipping, which usually gets your kava to you within 10 days.

As kavadude said, GKE does ship from within the UK, so that is definitely an option. They have a good reputation.

If you decide on BKH kava, I recommend Melo Melo. It's well balanced, and the newest batch we are selling is pretty mild in taste.

In any case, good luck. Kava is a pretty special plant that has done a lot for many people.
Or what he said too. Shit Judd, didn't know you shipped out world wide.

Also @Judd Rench is right, the Melo Melo, rocks. Its a good all around Kava. Much love. Roaddog....

Beanie

Kava Enthusiast
Hiya!! I've started using kava for anxiety as well. I have been buying kava from Global Kava Exports and I have also bought from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava.

Shipping from GKE is fab, you get your order the very next day.

My last order from GHK took 10 days to get from Hawaii to Scotland, thats not too bad I thought. Im currently waiting on another order.

I'm using instant just now. Ive found the Quick Kava from GKE to be good for chilling out/helps with anxiety and sleep. Quite a sedative kava.

Mo'i instant from GHK is more a daytime uplifting kava that can relax you too.

The order Im currently waiting on is micronized and a different strain (makahea) so will see how I get on with this! :)

Beanie

Kava Enthusiast
Oh also meant to say regarding dosage, like was said above it is a personal choice and everyone is different so might be an idea to check out some of the kava reviews and look at the dosing there and see what works for you :)

stopwatch

some good advice, thanks guys really looking forward to taking it! I do have one concern...ive read that kava can cause numbess in mouth and throat, sort of like dental numbness? is this true? dont wanna panic :/

Beanie

Kava Enthusiast
Ive noticed a slight tingling and numbness in my tongue but nothing to worry about. My throat hasn't went numb. Im quite new to kava and I was advised to start with instant then move onto micronized, then go onto the root powder. The root powder is stronger and you might get more numbness from that. :)

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hi @stopwatch, welcome to the forums. (y)
BigHug.gif

Interesting Avatar name. It reminds me of an old saying about women's looks:

You can either tell a women that her looks could make time stand still forever. ::inlove2::
Or you can tell her that her looks could stop a watch.::jawdrop2::

::happyshell::

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Unless you rub CO2 extract all over your mouth (I have been known to do this) no you will not experience real numbing. There's definitely a bit of numbing sensation depending on the kava but it's not like you could bite into your tongue and not notice it.

Hiya!! I've started using kava for anxiety as well. I have been buying kava from Global Kava Exports and I have also bought from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava.

Shipping from GKE is fab, you get your order the very next day.

My last order from GHK took 10 days to get from Hawaii to Scotland, thats not too bad I thought. Im currently waiting on another order.

I'm using instant just now. Ive found the Quick Kava from GKE to be good for chilling out/helps with anxiety and sleep. Quite a sedative kava.

Mo'i instant from GHK is more a daytime uplifting kava that can relax you too.

The order Im currently waiting on is micronized and a different strain (makahea) so will see how I get on with this! :)
Hi, I know this was from two years ago but GKE is shutting down :(. Did you experience any customs fees or anything like that when ordering? Thanks

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@James Marshall I live in the UK and have ordered from most of the vendors. Some will attract a customs charge and some will not and it seems to be a bit hit and miss. If you talk to whoever you are ordering from they will usually agree to display a lower value on the shipping label so as to avoid excessive charges. Something that just worked really well for me was to order from a couple of vendors, actually vendors who don't ship to the UK, have them deliver to a forwarding agent in the US, I used stackry.com, and then have the two parcels repacked into one and shipped to me. The total for shipping came to about $70 for about 8 or 9 lbs of root but they arranged the shipment on the Friday with DHL and the parcel arrived on Monday. That's fast and convenient. There are a lot of options for ordering kava, most vendors will ship and most won't attract extra charges. If you need any more help let me know.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Hi, I've seen kalm with kava don't attract customs as they label their packages as tea (which isn't wrong I suppose)
I think it's more to do with the package value. BKH labels it as something similar but I used to get customs charges with every package. Hasn't happened recently from them. I'll be shipping via stackry.com in the future anyway.

I think it's more to do with the package value. BKH labels it as something similar but I used to get customs charges with every package. Hasn't happened recently from them. I'll be shipping via stackry.com in the future anyway.
Yeah, I want to order a pound but I'm not sure if it'll get checked or not