What's new

Where to buy noble kava plant

lucas123

Is there any place I can buy noble kava plants online?
For hobbyist farming purposes... mainland US but I have an indoor setup so I think I can get it humid enough. I've been enjoying my medium grind powder but I want to try growing it. I think fresh might be less bitter tasting.

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
logeesDOTcom

Put yourself on the wishlist so they send you an email when it comes back in stock. AFAIK they sell a native hawaiian cultivar called Mahakea. All native hawaiian cultivars are noble.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
I wonder if kava plants would grow outdoors in South Florida.
There is an effort to grow "Kali Kava" in Florida right now. It appears that the plants are not noble, but isa. However, the initial effort seems to be moving right along. With thousands planted in the Tampa area, the plants are apparently very flexible on a wide range of temps.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
There is an effort to grow "Kali Kava" in Florida right now. It appears that the plants are not noble, but isa. However, the initial effort seems to be moving right along. With thousands planted in the Tampa area, the plants are apparently very flexible on a wide range of temps.
I am curious if you know-- are there available photos of any Isa growing in Florida?
I have seen a photo of 1 Isa plant in the ground near Sarasota...wondering of there are fields?

lucas123

Are the other Kali Kava cultivars noble? I'm not really looking for an isa, the isas scare me with their grogginess effects.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
I am curious if you know-- are there available photos of any Isa growing in Florida?
I have seen a photo of 1 Isa plant in the ground near Sarasota...wondering of there are fields?
That's a very good question. I don't think I've seen a photo of American Kali-Kava growing in large plantings. Here's their website: