What's new

Which Micro?

Megan

Kava Enthusiast
Tomorrow is pay day! Yay ::lurvez::

...but I can't decide which new kava to buy!

I definitely want micro, have tried the sample pack from GHK but I think I want to try something different....

I'm leaning toward either BKH 11 Year or GHK Boroguru.

Help! Any Recommendations?

blindy107

Kava Lover
Well @Megan , what do you prefer? Heavy or heady? Boroguru is wonderful but very heavy for me typically. It usually gets me yawning pretty quickly.

Mahakea is pretty middle of the road with a slight lean towards the heavy side.

11 year and moi are a little headier and personally, I prefer these in micro form. For some reason the quick prep leads to a more euphoric and speedy experience in my experience.

I would just get a sample pack if I were you though ::awesomesmiles::

Megan

Kava Enthusiast
Well @Megan , what do you prefer? Heavy or heady? Boroguru is wonderful but very heavy for me typically. It usually gets me yawning pretty quickly.

Mahakea is pretty middle of the road with a slight lean towards the heavy side.

11 year and moi are a little headier and personally, I prefer these in micro form. For some reason the quick prep leads to a more euphoric and speedy experience in my experience.

I would just get a sample pack if I were you though ::awesomesmiles::
I did buy the GHK sample pack last payday, I want to try more though before I commit to a 1lb bag......hmmmm. I liked the Moi and Mahakea well enough, and the Nene was really nice, but only if I wanted to go ni-night in the hour or so after drinking it ::winkeyz::

The Boro is the only Micro I haven't tried from GHK but if it's more sedating.....hmmm I'm looking for more of a daytime kava so maybe 11 year. Or maybe both because it's so hard to choose?!! ::awesomesmiles::

August West

Kava Enthusiast
Mapulehu! That will be my next purchase, fo sho. I'm extremely excited for it! Maybe message Chris and ask him nicely, if you can't wait until it posts.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Yeah I would say mahakea or 11 year for a well rounded day time micro. The moi is a little too heady for me at times. I've read reviews saying boro was uplifting and so on but that has never been the case for me.

@Megan If you ask nicely and bat your eyes @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava he may sub in boro for nene on a sample pack. Maybe I just have amazing eyes....
image.jpeg

blindy107

Kava Lover
You had the micro sample pack when you were still experimenting with kava and tolerance, correct? I've found that revisiting different roots, once you become a more seasoned drinker, can be a new experience sometimes.