What's new

Whitening of nails?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone noticed a whitening to the fingernails after beginning to use Kava. My girlfriend noticed it and it made me aware of it also. I'm noticing that my nails are more white and dull in color. Probably something else. Just wondering.

I don't know

Kava Enthusiast
Are yoi talking about little white spots under the nails? If so, I have had that on and off before kava. It may be a calcium deficiency. My mom used to say each spot represented a white lie I told. Of course that can't be true because I don't lie. Oh, there is one on my finger now.

Are yoi talking about little white spots under the nails? If so, I have had that on and off before kava. It may be a calcium deficiency. My mom used to say each spot represented a white lie I told. Of course that can't be true because I don't lie. Oh, there is one on my finger now.
Thanks. No, it's more of an overall dull white. No worries. Fit as a fiddle. With white finger nails.

currentbun

Kavacidal Maniac
Thanks. No, it's more of an overall dull white. No worries. Fit as a fiddle. With white finger nails.
Are you using traditional prep method? My nails look chalky and white after kneading a batch. :p

Anything lacking or unusual with your diet, getting enough veggies etc? See what happens if you buff them, just stimulating the blood flow in the nail bed.

If you don't see a change in a week or so, consider seeing your practitioner of choice that can help figure it out, since nails do reflect our health.

2Intense

Kava Enthusiast
Has anyone noticed a whitening to the fingernails after beginning to use Kava. My girlfriend noticed it and it made me aware of it also. I'm noticing that my nails are more white and dull in color. Probably something else. Just wondering.
Not exactly. What have noticed with my nails is the complete clearing of a toe fungus. It took months, maybe a year to clear up, but I did not use any other treatments so I do not know what else to attribute it to.

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
Do you have blue eyes?
People with blue eyes who have those symptoms (white nails and flaky white skin) tend to develop a severe allergy to Valyrian steel. Make sure you only have stainless steel in your kitchen. Some claim that Dragonglass can also be fatal to these people, but IMO that's just an old wives tale.

Status
Not open for further replies.