What's new

Who wants the remainder of my kava?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KavaSmurf

Kava Curious
Sad facts: Kava just doesn't work for me, and having the stuff around makes me tempted to give it "just one more try just in case," and then I end up miserable all night long. So, I'm giving it away. I'll pay postage to mail it to whoever (in the US) speaks up first. Here's what I've got, all pouches are traditional medium grind:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava (I believe these gold pouches are a half pound)
Hanakapi'Ai: A third of the package left
Hiwa: Well over half the package left
Kava Kauai 100% High Quality Waka Grade from Vanuatu: well over half the half-pound package left, I think I only had one serving of this

Just purchased in March/Early April.

Giving it away for the karma points, hope it will go to someone who enjoys it.

Thanks!

Chillbert

Kava Curious
No doubt many would take your kava. Before you abandon hope, let's check a few things.

1. You bought good kava. All set there.
2. Prep should be 2 tbls to each cup of water, kneading for 10 minutes.
3. Drink 5 to 6 ounces on an empty stomach (at least 3 hours since your last meal). Repeat the drinking every 20 minutes.

I nearly gave up on kava out of frustration early on, too. Staying with your karma angle, I would like to see it work for you.

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
i wouldn't mind some. I don't mind paying for shipping if you would like to split the kava for the first 3 replies.

Last edited:

KavaSmurf

Kava Curious
To Chillbert: Yep, yep, yep. Check, check, check. I've also tried taking two beano before drinking any, but still get hellacious stomach pains and acidic gas from any of the "natural preps", plus anxiety, insomnia, in addition to not feeling anything resembling what the rest of you describe as relaxation. I've also tried Kalm with Kava micronized and KWK concentrate, Kava Kandy, etc., and nuthin' except negatives. :( I'm a few hundred dollars into trying and have been attempting pretty religiously since January. :(

Travis- Since you spoke up first, I'm happy to drop it in the mail to you on Monday or Tuesday, just ping me in PM with where you'd like me to send it.

Chillbert

Kava Curious
Sorry to hear Kava failed you, KavaSmurf. That has to be frustrating.

Assuming the challenges that drove you to try Kava are now unattended, I offer that I have enjoyed great stress reduction with amino acids, primarily L-Theanine. Simple capsule twice a day, so much less fussy than traditional Kava prep. A great deal less expensive, too. Given your body knows precisely what to do with amino acids, your success will be more certain.

I purchase L-Theanine from https://liftmode.com. They sell all manner of supplements, though I would research before trying things like phenibut. They recently changed their site to require a sign in to see the full product line. Just a heads up.

Best of luck to you. I sincerely hope you find something that helps.

KavaSmurf

Kava Curious
I do take L-theanine and have done with much success for a few years now. It helps for sure with general letting go of stressors throughout the day. I have also tried phenibut but, interestingly, it also doesn't really do anything worth going back to for me (unless I take enough to fall asleep, then it makes me snore hellaciously, but it doesn't really tickle any kind of immediate relaxation or anxiolytic neurons.) Also tried medical marijuana in tincture form, but I detest the feeling of being high. Tried CBD, but, again, not the deep breath of relaxation I was looking for.

I'm disappointed, for sure, that there doesn't seem to be an apparent magic bullet for letting go of stress at the end of the day or after a particularly stressful week. I guess I just need to double down on my meditation and all that happy hippy horseshoot. :)

N

Noname

There's one more thing you can try.. Try a colon detox a toxic colon can interfere with digestion. And then after that do kava

xKAVAx

Kava Curious
Have you tried valerian or lemon balm?

Valerian tincture has worked well for me. As a bonus, it is really easy to grow and process into tincture, so it can cost almost nothing.
New Chapter sells a CO2 lemon balm extract (soft gel pill) that is mild, but effective. I keep some at my desk for those days when my coworkers are too much to bear.
You can get valerian tincture at any herb or health food store. Instructions generally say 1 dropper/30 drops, but I find 4 droppers a better dose. Be advised, them smell is something special. And not special in a good way.
As you were generous enough to send somebody your leftover kava, I would be happy to mail some valerian plant starts if you want some.

KavaSmurf

Kava Curious
xKAVAx I may take you up on those starts once we get into our "forever home" later this summer. What conditions do they grow best in?

Status
Not open for further replies.