What's new

Who's tried Klin kava ?

• Thread starter Deactivated Account
  • Start date
D

Deactivated Account

I had some maybe 8-9 years ago. Its micronised from fresh roots & really its just like powdered milk in that its almost totally soluable & quite white. Just spoon it into water …mix & drink.

I rember it was very strong. Going to buy a few kg in Vila & wanted to know who's had any experience with it.

D

Deactivated Account

I put it in a stocking but it virtually completely disappeared. I tried some more without filtering & it was quite ok.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I had some maybe 8-9 years ago. Its micronised from fresh roots & really its just like powdered milk in that its almost totally soluable & quite white. Just spoon it into water …mix & drink.

I rember it was very strong. Going to buy a few kg in Vila & wanted to know who's had any experience with it.
I never tried this. Is there any way I could get some, what does a kilo or 2 cost and to get it to Hawaii? :D
Aloha.

Chris

D

Deactivated Account

I don't know that much about it Chris. I 'think' a kg is ball park $170AUD (150USD). But of course you use much less of it.

I've spoken to someone there & apparently there is quite a diff between Klin Kava & Instant Kava. I'd always assumed there were the same thing.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hay nemo, is it a micronized kava or is it some other form of process that they use, I know how they make the instant but I also know that most instant kava is just as strong as the regular grind because it is made from just a water extraction, the micronized kava is stronger because you are using all the kavalactones that are available, when they make the instant with fresh water you only get the kavalactones that are in all but the fibers, there is still kavalactones in the fibers. I have some micronized kava and it is great, I will be selling my micronized kava real soon.
If what you are talking about is micronized then I can understand why it would be so strong. I wonder what the shipping would be from AU?
I should email Dr Lebot and see if he tried it, thanks and aloha. :D

Chris

D

Deactivated Account

Can't buy any retail sales of kava in Australia what so ever for the past 11-12 years. Kava is banned from sale & import. You need to know someone whom has returned from Sth Pacific with their 2kg personal use & passed customs inspection.

Customs are very good about it though...they generally just ask you how much & say 'don't open that crap here...it stinks' and just wave you through. They really just want to check for livestock crawling in it.

That's why I really need good quality to bring back with me. It's only 2kg. I've recently been told by a chap in van that Klin kava still needs straining whilst Instant Kava does not. I was confusing them with each other.

I can buy Klin in PV shops so I will get some in 2 weeks when I'm there & post some photos & let you know how it is.

Mixing kava in my hotel room when there is a nakamal next door goes against the grain but If it's up to scratch I will bring some home with me.

Sadly there has been past issues with crime moving heroin into Australia via Vanuatu & sometimes the federal police will line all passengers up before they even get 50 feet off the plane & run the sniffer dogs over. At least they are cool with my kava & I'm happy with that.

D

Deactivated Account

I'd like to add though that we are all conditioned to kava differently. What one says is strong, another member here may throw out because it's too weak.

Kava effects are subjective.