What's new

Why am I reacting to kava like this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noname

I feel adrenal fatigue kind of feeling next day or a liver damage kind of feeling.. I'm drinking noble so why am i reacting like this.

schatz

itchin for kava
You may just be one of those people that have a negative response to the kavalactanes. You may want to try a different strain and see if you have similiar effects before giving up on kava. I know that Tongan varieties give me some negative reactions even though I love the effects so I will limit the use of them. Good luck.

N

Noname

So which kava vendors are noble trusted AND tested? Also is the acetone test accurate?

N

Noname

Can I trust a kava bar ? According to there website they hav the noble stamp on there kava. I think I can trust them because why would they wanna spike there kava and lose many customers it doesn't make any sense. Or is it better to buy online?

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
According to there website they hav the noble stamp on there kava.
That noble stamp is just marketing BS. There isn't an independent 3rd party certifying their kava as noble.
That said, they've built up a good reputation over many years of selling kava so yes, you can trust BKH to sell you good kava.

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Drink less kava
if kava itself tells you to drink less kava, we have to listen. Kava isn't like other substances which lie to you and tell you "go ahead! Take more of me! Mess up your life! Kill yourself! I don't care! Go ahead, you know you wanna, it'll be fun!"

Kava pretty clearly tells us when to stop and when not to start at all, and we really have to expend effort to override kava's safety features if we're going to disregard kava's sage counsel. It's just a question, IMO, of learning to always listen to what kava is telling us and always trusting it. Or at least, this is my experience, it could be very different for others. I hope not, because for me this works really really well.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
If noble kava makes you feel bad, try drinking less of it. If it still doesn't agree with your body, just don't drink it. Kava is not for everyone. It's not a magical potion, essential medicine or a cure for all problems. It's a relaxing beverage that can be enjoyed without any issues by most people. But just like any other food product, it won't please or work for everyone. you seem to be experiencing a lot of negative side effects from kava and claim you only drink noble kava. So my advice would be to reduce your kava intake and if it doesn't work, consider not using kava.
IMO kava should be all good all the time, in theory. If it isn't, cut back as needed, to zero if necessary. Cut back to the level just below which it is all good whenever it is used and never bad. That's the sweet spot. But if it is zero for someone, then it is zero and that's pretty much all their is to it. Fighting it is a mistake. Kava's not about fighting, IMO, it's about not fighting.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Gourmet Hawaiian Kava is well known for it's exceptional quality. Kalm with Kava, Bula Kava House, and Dua Na Bilo are all noble as well.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk
I've only tried one GHK kava and only one time, but it was extremely good in every possible way. I also get the impression from talking to others and from everything I have read that though we have many good and reliable vendors to choose from here, excellent vendors, outstanding vendors in whom I have every confidence and will continue to buy from, if I were paranoid and were forced at gunpoint and had to choose one that I would have the very highest level of confidence as to it being real, safe, noble, etc etc, it would be GHK, possibly for no other reason than it is based in the US and has the longest reputation and the biggest presence in professional organizations, and is involved in every single aspect of production and processing and marketing. Also, that's some damn fine kava. One doesn't need kava to be any better than that. I'd grow another thumb if I could just to give it three thumbs up. It's an inspiration to become rich so's you could drink it every day if you wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.