What's new

Why is Kava diuretic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Intense

Kava Enthusiast
Does anyone know which property or specific kavalactone makes kava diuretic? I’ve noticed the Hawaiian that I’m drinking has less of a diuretic effect than most of the others I’ve had. It also has less of a chilling effect too. Does anyone know if that is that because it has less Kavalactones overall or is it based the specific profile? In other words is one of the kavalactones more responsible than the others?

D

Deleted User01

Maybe it is just less potent? I'm getting to the point where I want to see Chemotypes from the Kava I use so I can correlate cause and effect. I'm compiling a list now. BKH as posted a few in the past and GHK has all the chemotypes to all his Kavas on his product page. (As well as percent of Kavalactones). Hopefully everyone will start doing that in the future so we know what the heck we are buying.

infraredz

BULA!
I can't find anything about what compound or specific physiological reaction causes diuresis (there are around half a dozen different "types" of diuresis). It would be hard to tell because there is a lot of complex mechanisms involved with diuresis so I can't even make an educated guess.

Definitely an interesting question though!

2Intense

Kava Enthusiast
Deleted User01, I totally agree with you. I realize it's a natural material and the prep method (effort and efficiency) is a major factor, but my biggest kava complaint is lack of consistency in experience. I know there are other variables such as mood but I seem to have difficulty recreating the best experiences.

Does your forum name suggest you like the Arabica bean too? I love my coffee and have been know to roast a few beans in order to enjoy the best cup available. When buying coffee it seems the more $$ spent the better the coffee. This has not been completely true with my kava experiment. There is some Robusta kava in my cup!!!!

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
The most expensive kava I have in my cupboard is pk Fijian and it's the only kava that has ever got me krunked in 3 shells

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Once you know what you like, and get your prep figured out, it becomes a lot more consistent. But it can still be fickle sometimes.

There are some pricey kavas that are really good -- but it definitely doesn't scale with the price.

2Intense

Kava Enthusiast
I'm currently drinking PK Hawaiian which is 2x the cost and 1/2 the strength of the BKH Borogu that I just finished. However, I will say the Hawaiian is both relaxing and uplifting - very enjoyable but I cannot see getting Krunk on it.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
The most expensive kava I have in my cupboard is pk Fijian and it's the only kava that has ever got me krunked in 3 shells
I have never seen more resin come out during squeezing than I have with PK fijian. I wear blue nitrile gloves when I squeeze, and they were a vivid green afterwards.

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
It does make a potent grog !!Not to be messes with that root !! I save it for when my gf is on nights because it glues me to the couch

Status
Not open for further replies.