What's new

Kava FAQ Will Kava ever be as good as alcohol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
Tried it your way, too bad the alcohol is the only one who I have allowed to take away all anxiety and worry. No others have permission to make me feel this way, no others have permission to make me free of worrisome thoughts. Worrisome thoughts keep me tethered down to mediocrity, I cannot achieve greatness unless I sever the tie to worries and anxieties.

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
What else can I sever the tie to? What else can separate my anxiety from my ambition? What else can show me the true way in life?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Tried it your way, too bad the alcohol is the only one who I have allowed to take away all anxiety and worry. No others have permission to make me feel this way, no others have permission to make me free of worrisome thoughts. Worrisome thoughts keep me tethered down to mediocrity, I cannot achieve greatness unless I sever the tie to worries and anxieties.
You've got to figure all this out for yourself, there's no one here forcing kava down your neck. We're a pretty supportive and friendly bunch but at the end of the day you've got to do the deciding about what helps you and what doesn't.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Blinkyrocket did you say you're a pretty strong Christian? I'm not judging or criticising at all but I would have thought you would have more support from your social networks and your faith?

ThePiper

Kava Lover
If and when you decide that your better off dealing with your problems with an alternative that allows you to have a clear head and control over your emotions/behavior, kava will be waiting. If you want to use alcohol for fun, be safe and enjoy. I highly recommend against using alcohol to deal with anxiety or depression though

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
I have very little friends, I only have judgmental parents and people who would have me discontinue the practice which keeps me functional and happy. Who's to say I won't be better off than most who go down this road of alcoholism? I know about Thiamine and Niacinamide and I know about magnesium. I have Holy Basil, Ocimum Sanctum, to help me through this. I am completely prepared to be the way I want to be, and I want to be inebriated.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I have very little friends, I only have judgmental parents and people who would have me discontinue the practice which keeps me functional and happy. Who's to say I won't be better off than most who go down this road of alcoholism? I know about Thiamine and Niacinamide and I know about magnesium. I have Holy Basil, Ocimum Sanctum, to help me through this. I am completely prepared to be the way I want to be, and I want to be inebriated.
Well I did it for years so I can't really say much other than I'm so glad I found kava because I got my life back. I control the kava, alcohol controlled me. As I said above you need to make your own choices. I'm sure we'll all be here in 10 or 20 years time so we'll see if you come back to kava or not, in the meantime the best of luck to you.

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
I want to be this way and nobody wants to save me? I've got more feedback from my careless friends than you guys, you guys don't wanna save me, you just want to prove the worthiness of Kava to yourselves.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
From my experience, you cannot achieve greatness if you are constantly inebriated. Of course that is a personal choice as you said it yourself.
I want to be this way and nobody wants to save me? I've got more feedback from my careless friends than you guys, you guys don't wanna save me, you just want to prove the worthiness of Kava to yourselves.
We can only point you in the right direction, if you are not willing to do it for yourself, no one can.

violet

Do all things with love
Ultimately no one here can be responsible for saving someone from themselves and actions of their own doing. There is a lot of good advice in this thread that favors the support of kava instead of alcohol because many of us have been witness to and down the road of alcohol use ourselves. As MudMonkey said, we can only point you in the right direction, and if you are not willing to do it for yourself, no one can.

@Blinkyrocket If you feel you are in crisis or needing help to refrain from drinking to alleviate life issues I would recommend you get in touch with a counselor or crisis center for your own well being.

Crisis Chat

24 hour Crisis line

Status
Not open for further replies.