What's new

Wobbles/double vision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
Perhaps someone else besides myself and of course you, who has purchased either BKH or GHK in the past week or two will comment. It could just be particularly strong root.
The batches do change. I had some BKH 11 year back in May and three heaping teaspoons blew me away. A month later I had a different batch and it was nowhere near as potent. Congrats on getting a very potent batch. Just cut back the dosage & enjoy. ::chugger::

Palmetto

Thank God!
I don’t know if the current batch of micro 11 year Waka from BKH, and micro moi/mahakea from GHK are much stronger than anything I’ve had in the last few months or if somehow my tolerance has gone down drastically but 1.5 tsp of each (at different times over the last week not all at once) has thrown me into the wobbles within 15 minutes. As in double vision/can’t walk straight etc..
You are so lucky! I have to drink a whole lot more that that, and rarely do I get wobbly legs. I have some top shelf kavas right now (almost gone), but 6 Tb doesn't seem to do much anymore. I'm going through a phase. They seem to come and go. But on those rare occasions I've ever gotten wobbly legs, there were 2 occasions in the last 3 weeks. It seems almost like all or nothing right now.

moduinne4

Kava Curious
Plot twist:
I got my first case of whopping dermo. It’s like a clear outline in almost a triangle from the bottom of my nose around both sides and under my mouth/mid chin. And then up each cheek and around eyes and under eye brow.
It went from absolutely not noticeable to “my face feels extra dry today” to waking up looking like I’m infected with something and it’s painful like sunburn.
My first thought was allergic reaction but i’ve Done absolutely nothing new with any food or skin care or anything and I HAVE gone balls to the wall drinking daily (and even in high amounts of micro the week before this strong kava arrived) since before Christmas.

Holy Heavens, how fast will this at least not be painful and not scare my children to look at?
Thankfully I’m in VA where life has stopped due to snow so I don’t have to go into work and have clients stare at me.

I have been keeping face clean and applying Vaseline like my life depends on it. It’s so dry that even Vaseline gives that initial slight burn.
Perhaps it’s a bit of dry winter issues/dermo and maybe other than the 2 days I mentioned in this post Inwasnt drinking enough water to compensate for the dry conditions.
Wonders. And I am afraid to drink any Kava to help me sleep for fear of making it worse!
The struggle is real! But I love you Kava.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Plot twist:
I got my first case of whopping dermo. It’s like a clear outline in almost a triangle from the bottom of my nose around both sides and under my mouth/mid chin. And then up each cheek and around eyes and under eye brow.
It went from absolutely not noticeable to “my face feels extra dry today” to waking up looking like I’m infected with something and it’s painful like sunburn.
My first thought was allergic reaction but i’ve Done absolutely nothing new with any food or skin care or anything and I HAVE gone balls to the wall drinking daily (and even in high amounts of micro the week before this strong kava arrived) since before Christmas.

Holy Heavens, how fast will this at least not be painful and not scare my children to look at?
Thankfully I’m in VA where life has stopped due to snow so I don’t have to go into work and have clients stare at me.

I have been keeping face clean and applying Vaseline like my life depends on it. It’s so dry that even Vaseline gives that initial slight burn.
Perhaps it’s a bit of dry winter issues/dermo and maybe other than the 2 days I mentioned in this post Inwasnt drinking enough water to compensate for the dry conditions.
Wonders. And I am afraid to drink any Kava to help me sleep for fear of making it worse!
The struggle is real! But I love you Kava.
It will get slightly worse before it gets better regardless of whether or not you drink any more kava.

It will get better on its own within 2 or 3 weeks regardless of whether or not you drink any more kava.

It feels weird, looks weird, might even be slightly painful but ultimately it is completely benign and harmless and nothing to worry about.

It probably is some kind of an allergic reaction. Yes, it is worse in winter because of dry air in houses.

Drink more water. Rub on lotion. I eat a tablespoon of coconut oil every day to help make it better but that takes 2 - 3 weeks to kick in, so mainly it's as a preventative.

Beware of sties. Do not rub your eyes in the morning, wash the skin around your eyes/eyelids gently with warm water. Use a warm compress on your eye area made by putting 1/2 cup of cheap rice in a sock and warm for 20 seconds in the microwave and then gently hold on your whole eye area for a minute or so. Do this every day, perhaps several times a day, as often as feels comfortable. It should feel really good. The purpose: the heat will break up any accumulating and solidifying fatty gunk in the ducts on the skin around your eyes and basically melt it so the body reabsorbs and distributes it elsewhere, rather than letting it harden and form a stye.

In the meantime, sing along with this happy song. It's a fun way to learn Bislama.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Whoa. I'm pretty sure when I was drinking micro I got some sort of dermo all the sudden. Almost like a lesion rather than the typical peeling skin. It took me WAY longer to get dermo symptoms from medium grind.
P.S. I am not on a campaign against micro!

violet

Do all things with love
If you have some Rx corticosteroid ointment or cream like Kenalog it can do wonders for the stinging burn and pain of the irritation, helps clear it faster than anything else I've seen. I've applied it to dermo that was swollen, cracked, and bleeding and gotten marvelous results.

Whatever you do, absolutely do not apply Amlactin or any other type of acid exfoliant until the dermis below is completely healed.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
This might be a bad idea; but I had a spot that looked pretty inflamed. I busted open a benedryl capsule and mixed it with warm coconut oil and smeared it on there...the inflammation went down big time over the next day and a half. Again...prolly not a great idea. But I did it (only on that one spot).

Hydrocortisone would probably be a better approach.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I took me 7-9 months of drinking 2-3 TBS of microgrind daily before I hit the dermo wall - dry cracked hands, lips, whole torso sloughing off in waves of white like it was snowing, and painful styes in my eyes. It took 2 weeks of zero kava, and lots of lotion to completely clear. Since then I have switched to traditional grind and besides some occasionally dry eyes I have had none of the severe dermo issues like I did with microgrind. That being said, I don't think my intake in total KLs is as high as it was when I was drinking micro so I can't be sure it was the micro or just to much kava (I cringed even typing that) but most anecdotal accounts say it was the micro that really does a number on the skin.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I took me 7-9 months of drinking 2-3 TBS of microgrind daily before I hit the dermo wall - dry cracked hands, lips, whole torso sloughing off in waves of white like it was snowing, and painful styes in my eyes. It took 2 weeks of zero kava, and lots of lotion to completely clear. Since then I have switched to traditional grind and besides some occasionally dry eyes I have had none of the severe dermo issues like I did with microgrind. That being said, I don't think my intake in total KLs is as high as it was when I was drinking micro so I can't be sure it was the micro or just to much kava (I cringed even typing that) but most anecdotal accounts say it was the micro that really does a number on the skin.
Did you go right back to drinking grog (medium grind) daily after your two weeks off? [I'm around 11 days off now and my dermo seems pretty well gone; mild to begin with, though.]

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Sharing my own experience here. My newbie experience followed a similar progression.

I recently started rfollowing a new diet plan for my hypoglycemia issues where I eat six small meals per day. It no longer matters when I drink kava for the effectiveness. I have great effects each time! If I accidentally make a batch too strong, I just have a small snack. I also no longer get skin issues aside from needing lotion every other day.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Did you go right back to drinking grog (medium grind) daily after your two weeks off? [I'm around 11 days off now and my dermo seems pretty well gone; mild to begin with, though.]
I switched to medium grind and a year and half later of daily drinking - no sign of dermo. Sometimes my eyes get a bit dry. When that happens I take my contacts out and wear my glasses and all is good. I am convert to medium grind.

moduinne4

Kava Curious
It will get slightly worse before it gets better regardless of whether or not you drink any more kava.

It will get better on its own within 2 or 3 weeks regardless of whether or not you drink any more kava.

It feels weird, looks weird, might even be slightly painful but ultimately it is completely benign and harmless and nothing to worry about.

It probably is some kind of an allergic reaction. Yes, it is worse in winter because of dry air in houses.

Drink more water. Rub on lotion. I eat a tablespoon of coconut oil every day to help make it better but that takes 2 - 3 weeks to kick in, so mainly it's as a preventative.

Beware of sties. Do not rub your eyes in the morning, wash the skin around your eyes/eyelids gently with warm water. Use a warm compress on your eye area made by putting 1/2 cup of cheap rice in a sock and warm for 20 seconds in the microwave and then gently hold on your whole eye area for a minute or so. Do this every day, perhaps several times a day, as often as feels comfortable. It should feel really good. The purpose: the heat will break up any accumulating and solidifying fatty gunk in the ducts on the skin around your eyes and basically melt it so the body reabsorbs and distributes it elsewhere, rather than letting it harden and form a stye.

In the meantime, sing along with this happy song. It's a fun way to learn Bislama.

Thank you so much for taking the time and the giveadamn to post this.
I didn’t come back here for 24 hours because I was basically just miserable in the entire face (no other area ever started hurting/itching/drying ‍♀).
And I did nothing but have cool and warm alternating compresses on my eyes and constantly suck water down and keep my face lathered in Vaseline or Bag Balm. I would take a cool soft rag to my face when it would start to itch with the burn and then pat it dry softly/gently then immediately lather back up because I couldn’t even move my mouth without feeling like my skin was going to snap without Vaseline/Bag Balm on it.
I haven’t had any Kava at all since I updated the fun plot twist. I wash it 2x a day.
It did get so much worse, everything you said was on point but it was all restricted to my entire face.

Bits started falling yesterday, mostly around eyes. Today the pain is finally gone and I can move my face without having any Vaseline in it with no pain. Some gnarly scaly patches (very small, like pea size) on both temples . Peeling/flaming is ensuing but not in a gross way really, it may get worse but with how much better it feels I’m not super worried. I was genuinely concerned if about if I would have to cancel my clients for the next like 2 weeks because who wants a Lizzard Face Hair Dresser?? Thankfully I’m off
tomorrow for my kids 900th snow day (Thanks BombCyclone!! You da Real MVP!!) Just noticeably dry. Still drinking water like my life depends on it. And moved to regular moisturizer during the day and Vaseline at night.

Shew! I’ve been drinking Kava a bit, off and on, and heavier (even for micro) than I was at this time so I am blown away that this is what real seems is. I’ve had other itchy dry patches that went away within the day and just itches TERRIBLY and just on mostly my calves and thighs.

It certainly hasn’t scared me off Kava, and I won’t stop using my Micro Loves and go only medium grind but I don’t know where to start to figure out if it’s a certain kind/specific batch/go around/what it wS about the use of the last couple weeks that sent me to full blown 5 alarm fire face then lizzard city. Since this post started with how LITTLE I was having to take at times due to wobbles (but this reaction could be built up from the last few weeks not just the days that prompted the post, right?) I am trying to figure out where to start to try to zero in.

Thanks for reading this wall of text and for the awesome bunch y’all are!! I feel like I have found my people. Glad I quit lurking and started intteracting. So much love.

Now I gotta watch Krunks video.

moduinne4

Kava Curious
This makes me even more confused on where to start to zero in on what my misstep was here. I love my micros and won’t quit it (unless every time now this is going to happen but it’s never been an issue in the past ever, and I will continue with medium grind obviously. But. I gotta try to nail down how it went from 0 to 60
On much less than I’ve taken before (various didfferent minds) for different periods of time. This time though it was used over all of the holidays but sometimes in very very small amounts.

No idea!

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. I was miserable and my face felt like it was completely dying of pain for a few days and reading all of this here helped give me hope that at least the painful part would pass after a couple of days.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
The main things to remember about dermo are it is benign and it is reversible.

Also, if you toss n wash, it is inevitable, even if it takes a long time to show up and is a long time between flare ups. Now, micro might be the champagne or the stoli of toss n wash, vs the Busch lite of eating medium grind, but ultimately, as far as dermo is concerned, it is still toss n wash.

Also I have a rare condition which causes me to compulsively answer even the most rhetorical of questions and I would want a lizard face hairdresser. As a professional reference librarian I have to entertain every question, and entertain it seriously. I hope you feel guilty now. Eat your coconut oil. Oh, and that sock of rice works on armpit sties, too.

Last edited:

moduinne4

Kava Curious
The main things to remember about dermo are it is benign and it is reversible.

Also, if you toss n wash, it is inevitable, even if it takes a long time to show up and is a long time between flare ups. Now, micro might be the champagne or the stoli of toss n wash, vs the Busch lite of eating medium grind, but ultimately, as far as dermo is concerned, it is still toss n wash.

Also I have a rare condition which causes me to compulsively answer even the most rhetorical of questions and I would want a lizard face hairdresser. As a professional reference librarian I have to entertain every question, and entertain it seriously. I hope you feel guilty now. Eat you coconut oil. Oh, and that sock of rice works on armpit sties, too.
Why would I feel fruitless now? Lol. And I know it’s all reversible I am just lol and I’m not demonizing micro or t&w. You pay to play. We all now it happens and in the grand scheme of things, it’s a minimal pay off for what Kava provides.

At least one person out there wouldn’t mind a haircut mid dermo break out.

Armpit stud? OUCH.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Why would I feel fruitless now? Lol. And I know it’s all reversible I am just lol and I’m not demonizing micro or t&w. You pay to play. We all now it happens and in the grand scheme of things, it’s a minimal pay off for what Kava provides.

Armpit stud? OUCH.
armpit sties are like sties in your eye, only much bigger but much less painful, if at all.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast

Armpit stud? OUCH.
Beware of snowy armpit studs! They are not to be trusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.