What's new

Woo hoo! Hubby wants to try kava. Need suggestions please

• Thread starter Deleted member 2094
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2094

Any suggestions on a good kava for hubby and I to try together? Thanks ;)

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Money is of no consequence ? N@H WOW! or Stone, BKH Nambawan, PK Vanuatu Blend #7.
Easy to Prepare ? GHK Mo'i or Mahakea Instant kava or Micronized Kava.
Average price but effective ? Kalm's Loa Waka, Borongoru or Pouni Ono.
Affordable and easy to drink ? Kavaboy's Tongan kava.

August West

Kava Enthusiast
I'd get a sampler pack from GHK and have the hubby stick with it to find out what he likes.
Also I've had every variety Shakas suggested except for the Wow and the Low Waka, and they are all shining examples of the kava spectrum.

Lastly, when I introduce kava to someone, I try to start with a variety that is somewhat palatable, i make sure it is prepared correctly so nausea hopefully won't be an issue, and their stomach is good and empty to make sure they have the a good chance of a positive experience with the best effects. Sharing kava with my wife has been a very good thing for our marriage. I understand why it is used before important decision making circumstances in tribal life.

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
the first time i got really great effects from kava was with the 11 year waka from BKH
i've not tried anything from N@H so i can't speak to their kavas' efficacy but if @shakas likes it; i'm sure it's good.
i'll second the mahakea and fiji loa waka and add Solomons from BKH and hanakapi ai from GHK.
i've got a short day at work today and will be trying Nambawan for the first time when i get done so i may be able to second that later today as well

K

Kava Steve

Just be careful if you go with the GHK Hanky Pank Ai, space your shells out maybe water them down it's a lot more peppery than some of the others... Also drink ginger water with it... Every n00b that I introduced to it lost it in the toilet from tooo strong of grog just take it slow and drink that ginger but for n00bs it will give the best effects

D

Deleted member 2094

Just be careful if you go with the GHK Hanky Pank Ai, space your shells out maybe water them down it's a lot more peppery than some of the others... Also drink ginger water with it... Every n00b that I introduced to it lost it in the toilet from tooo strong of grog just take it slow and drink that ginger but for n00bs it will give the best effects
we ended up going with BKH Waka Kava ceremony kit. We were looking for something heady not sedating and I read good things about it. Im just hopeful that 1) We dont have too much of a RT problem to break through and 2) it doesnt make us sick and 3) that I can make it right.
My first order of kava is coming into today. Instant Moi from GHK. Somebody suggested Gingerale and lime to drink it down. Hopefully all will go well LOL

D

Deleted User01

It twas' I madame that suggested Ginger Ale, squeeze of lime, and ice (and instant Mo'i). In fact, that's what I had on Friday afternoon with 2 tablespoons of Instant Mo'i. Be sure to keep the spoon in the glass because you have to stir it between sips. The theory is that you can sip it at your leisure like a Kocktail as opposed to the old gulp, wash, and spit technique.
Cheers!

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
we ended up going with BKH Waka Kava ceremony kit. We were looking for something heady not sedating and I read good things about it. Im just hopeful that 1) We dont have too much of a RT problem to break through and 2) it doesnt make us sick and 3) that I can make it right.
My first order of kava is coming into today. Instant Moi from GHK. Somebody suggested Gingerale and lime to drink it down. Hopefully all will go well LOL
Good choice. Our Waka has a nice mild flavor and good potency. I like it for newbies for sure. Thanks for the order!