What's new

Work in Progress: Color Comparator for Kava Testing

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi Deleted User, that is great news. I want one when you get them ready. Count me in. Thanks for all you are doing to help us be able to tell if we have Noble or a mix. It is good for the people to choose for themselves. Thank you again and aloha.

Chris

D

Deleted User01

I'll just let you guys test it and tell me what is good or not. Anyway, the Kavas I drink test at the top of the spectrum already.
::frosty:: I want to buy one for BulaKavaMan as a peace offering for being hungry to him the other day. :hungry:

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Its not often, We get to witness, shear Brilliance at work. Well today is an exception. I am truly in awe. That says a lot, I sort of consider myself a bit of an inventor also, so to say. But this is taking it to another level. I also want one, when they come out. You should make them and sale them in the vender section. Also Be sure to get a patent, ASAP, if you already haven't. Again great job!!!(y) (y) (y). Much love. Roaddog....

D

Deleted User01

When it is all said and done, Deleted User is going to end up in the same rarified air as Lebot and the other brilliant Kava Scientists of our day. Heck, they may end up taking notes from him.
::frosty:: Harpos rocks the Casbah!

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
vendors others than those who produce their kava from start to finish such as Chris should jump all over this, brilliant ingenuity Deleted User. I think probably everyone here will purchase one $50 is very reasonable

Kava_newbie

Mi Kava, su Kava
@Deleted User, I'm just curious to know if you have ever done your testing on Kava that is found in any of the capsules - I bought the "Now" brand(which contains 100mg of ginseng, which would probably mess with the tests) at my local Health Food store - which ultimately led me to this forum. I'd be very interested to know if they contain "Tudei" type powder or "Noble" .

P.S I am still waiting on my first package of Bogoruru from GHK. It's like Christmas.

Thanks for the anticipated response friends.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
@Deleted User, I'm just curious to know if you have ever done your testing on Kava that is found in any of the capsules - I bought the "Now" brand(which contains 100mg of ginseng, which would probably mess with the tests) at my local Health Food store - which ultimately led me to this forum. I'd be very interested to know if they contain "Tudei" type powder or "Noble" .

P.S I am still waiting on my first package of Bogoruru from GHK. It's like Christmas.

Thanks for the anticipated response friends.
Yea, my order came in yesterday. Did a clean 10 scoops of Bororuru from GHK this evening. Much love. Roaddog....

Roaddog

Kava Who?
No brilliance involved, and I didn't invent it; this sort of comparator is commonly used in various industries. They are largely being replaced by electronic versions, but it's just too expensive to have that sort built for our application - minimum order is 5000 units. :bigmoney:

Our version will use a box and vials from Hach Chemical, which is only 10 miles from my home. Since this a unique use for this device, obviously no standard color wheels are available. I will be fabricating this component, which will contain specific filters for the comparisons we need. It may be some time before the official color standard is released; this will be determined by Dr. Lebot, and will apply internationally.

In the meantime, I'll be attempting to get a "semi-official" standard approved. This will contain a wider "unknown" range than the final version, but should still be quite useful. The unit will be upgradeable, requiring only replacement of the color wheel to apply the official standard when it it released.
In my opinion, it may be used in other industries, but your designing it for something completely different. You have much respect by me. Don't cut yourself short. This is something you should, and deserve, to be proud of. Sure its not the microwave, but to us, it is. Much respect, much love. Roaddog....

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
@Deleted User Color comparator+used for kava=::awesomesmiles::Lifehack. ::evilgeniusz::
Hahaha seriously...this is very innovative and I refuse to let *you* not join in on *our* excitement. ;)
Keep up the good work, I can only imagine the catalyst this'll be for the kavasseurs world. ::ooooohhhhz::

Last edited: