What's new

Worst and finest tasting kava ever (for you)

Camaytoc

Kava Enthusiast
For me, it is without any doubt, indisputably, KWK Boronguru, despite the fact that I like the effect.
I'm just curious about you guys? Anybody want to share their experiences?

The finest one would be maybe Squanch Lawena but this choice is more about the very subtle and king of no taste. The better taste is maybe Nabamawan (even if I had to pass trough an overindulgence consequence that make that time an awful taste kava)

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
For me, it is without any doubt, indisputably, KWK Boronguru, despite the fact that I like the effect.
I'm just curious about you guys? Anybody want to share their experiences?

The finest one would be maybe Squanch Lawena but this choice is more about the very subtle and king of no taste. The better taste is maybe Nabamawan (even if I had to pass trough an overindulgence consequence that make that time an awful taste kava)
Worst Tasting (consequently very VERY powerful): Nakamal At Home - Stone. It always had the most distinct rubber taste that would really just...make you ask "What did I just do?" after drinking it.
Best: Bula Kava House - Nambawan, however BKH also takes it for the instant green kava. GHK Mahakea is a strong 2nd for me.

It's funny you say Borongoru, because currently it's sitting near the top for taste, personally. I've been drinking it for almost a solid year, so it's highly possible the taste has grown on me. Shows how tastes differ. Heck, some people even like it. To them I say, Bula!

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
I remember Nene being very close to the most mild kava taste wise, really calming kava too with no extremes either. Cactus Kava's Loa tasted the most inoffensive to me, honestly thought something was wrong because it was so easy going down but wasn't too bad, could have been stronger for my taste but it was the cleanest you can get. The worst was Nongol Noble, guess the blend was just right and the perfect storm of kava came together for one of the harshest drinks known to man. Usually I associate very bitter kava with something very heady but it was really heavy. I think very heavy kava tend to have that more long lasting, nausea inducing flavor profile though which is what it probably was to the extreme.

Krunkonaut

The life of a kavaholic
Worst Tasting (consequently very VERY powerful): Nakamal At Home - Stone. It always had the most distinct rubber taste that would really just...make you ask "What did I just do?" after drinking it.
Best: Bula Kava House - Nambawan, however BKH also takes it for the instant green kava. GHK Mahakea is a strong 2nd for me.

It's funny you say Borongoru, because currently it's sitting near the top for taste, personally. I've been drinking it for almost a solid year, so it's highly possible the taste has grown on me. Shows how tastes differ. Heck, some people even like it. To them I say, Bula!
I love the taste of stone kava, strange how a taste or the interpretation of taste can differ so much! For me, it has a bit of a dark chocolate taste to it.

Kava o'puss

Kava Curious
Yeah strange how people's tastes can vary, I guess. I think stone is the most vile thing I've ever consumed....not just kava- all food and drink included. Wish I liked the taste because it is probably the most potent kava I've had in a rotation. I would cringe during the first shell or two . Got a little easier after the mouth was numb and I was feeling chill from the first couple of shells. Yeah, got hints of burnt something, harsh pepper and dirt. And it is ground pretty fine, so the sludge produced when using a fine strainer....:wtf:. Nevertheless, thinking about it is making me want to order a pound (half kilo actually) for that pronounced effect. Been a while.
Had my wife drinking it with me back then..she was like, " My God that's terrible." 20 minutes later..."Can you make me another"? o_O Type of drink you have to phych yourself up for while thinking of the payoff.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
On e thing I have found, fwiw, is that as you store it, kava flavour often improves, the nasty edges getting somewhat rounded out, bevelled, maybe. In some ways it's probably my faulty memory, and changing taste buds as I continue to adapt to drinking kava all the time, but I do believe the flavour also mellows with storage, probably as the kava weakens slightly.

JohnPal716

Kava Curious
I add another vote for Nambawan. Although I tolerate it bc I need so much less to get the effect I want.

For some reason that I can’t pinpoint, my personal grossest is KWK Loa Waka. There’s just something about it that turns my stomach immediately. I use juice for ALL of my kava preparation but that doesn’t help...