What's new

Would Someone Help Me with the Math

S

Summer

I don't really understand how to tell how many mg of total kavalactones I get from my kava...

August West

Kava Enthusiast
A 1000mg of mo'i kavalactones versus a 1000mg of Nene kl's is like the difference between a pound of feathers and a pound of lead. The chemotype changes everything, and I just don't get how there's such a thing as an industry standard for Kava's dietary supplements and pills.. Something like 200 mg's a day, or whatever it is.

BTW I wasn't saying your question was stupid. I sometimes wonder how many milligrams of kl's I'm consuming, as well. The chemotype issue throws this discussion for a curve ball, though.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah its a tough one. But for instants and stuff you can know for sure technically....
Regardless of chemotypes lol.
If you have a gram of instant kava . You have 1000 mg of kava. With a 10% kavalactone content say. Then you have 100 mg of kavalactones. That's about as close as you can get with it. So a good teaspoon of instant is what 4 to 5 grams. So a good 500 mg of kavalactones....

For traditional ya who the fudge knows. I think it was 15% of the total is even extracted lol and that's where I'm too lazy to give an estimate