What's new

Would too much or too thick of a milk offset the empty stomach status ?

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Would using too much milk, or one that is super thick, fatty, and creamy, such a coconut milk or coconut cream, would that make the kava itself almost food-ish, and fill up the stomach with such substance, and thereby no longer be considered an "empty stomach", and thereby diminish the effects of the kava ?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Would using too much milk, or one that is super thick, fatty, and creamy, such a coconut milk or coconut cream, would that make the kava itself almost food-ish, and fill up the stomach with such substance, and thereby no longer be considered an "empty stomach", and thereby diminish the effects of the kava ?
not in my experience. I think the key with the empty stomach thing is no food for 4 hours before you shell.

Last night I triple balled some waka, felt great. Then I ate a big ole porterhouse steak. Still felt great.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I use semi skim milk, maybe a third of the liquid is milk. It works better for me.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I use semi skim milk, maybe a third of the liquid is milk. It works better for me.
Back when I used coconut milk for the taste, to get over that flavour hurdle, that was the perfect ratio for me, too. 2/3 water to 1/3 coconut milk. I have no idea why but a greater or lesser proportion of coconut milk just did not work for me at all.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Back when I used coconut milk for the taste, to get over that flavour hurdle, that was the perfect ratio for me, too. 2/3 water to 1/3 coconut milk. I have no idea why but a greater or lesser proportion of coconut milk just did not work for me at all.
I tried it with coconut milk once and thought it was horrible. @Mrbinx69 suggested using pineapple coconut milk one time but I was into milk by then.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Couple of nights ago I tossed and washed medium grind Nene with warm water. I actually like the taste of kava. Always did. Maybe it's because I havehno sweet tooth at all