What's new

Would you use Chinese Kava Extract?

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi Deleted User, I personally would not use the kava extract from China. I know that there was a bad seller in Vanuatu that sold Tudei kava to the Chinese by the tons and now he is out of business because the Chinese are having such a hard time selling there extract. I wonder why.
I am sure there might be some good noble extracts that come from China but I still like the powdered root. :hungry:
I do not think I would buy that powder from the PNG company either.
Aloha.

Chris

infraredz

BULA!
Quote removed due to privacy request
I'm pretty sure that this powder is used by a kava bar in SD as a "boost" now that I think of it. I remember them saying it was "30% extract" though it was soluble in grog so I'm not certain. Also, I'm curious about the "84% paste" offered by some of the less popular kava vendors (and more of the other, general ethnobotanical companies [eg. Kaviar Paste] though that is an "84% paste).

Steve T

Kava Enthusiast
It's fine as long as you get a Fijian ultra ultra ultra fine smog strainer. Mao macronized is a good strain. I heard they toss & wash Tibet but I haven't been able to find that kava.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
This is what scares me, everything there i can't pronounce and, now I'm just assuming this part, but food additives, sweeteners, just seems like that's where things like "natural flavors" come from and that stuff is not good for our bodies like the non--sugar sweeteners that kill your brain. I dunno Sketch levels read high on my Sketch-Detector...Just saying...

Also 50 to 100 employees making <$5 million, that's a sweet gig! ;)

Main Products: Neohesperidin Dihydrochalcone,Neohesperidin,Citrus Bioflavonoids,Hesperidin,Naringin,Naringin Dihydrochalcone,Nuciferine,Amentoflavone,Olive Leaf Extract,Mulberry leaf extract
Company Type: Manufacture
Business Range: Beverages , Food Additives , Food Ingredients , Health & Functional Foods , Sugar & Sweeteners ,
Number of Employees: 50 ~ 100
Established Year: 2011
Total Annual Sales Volume: US$2.5 Million - US$5 Million
Main Markets: North America,South America,Southeast Asia,Eastern Asia,Western Europe,

infraredz

BULA!
This is what scares me, everything there i can't pronounce and, now I'm just assuming this part, but food additives, sweeteners, just seems like that's where things like "natural flavors" come from and that stuff is not good for our bodies like the non--sugar sweeteners that kill your brain. I dunno Sketch levels read high on my Sketch-Detector...Just saying...

Main Products: Neohesperidin Dihydrochalcone,Neohesperidin,Citrus Bioflavonoids,Hesperidin,Naringin,Naringin Dihydrochalcone,Nuciferine,Amentoflavone,Olive Leaf Extract,Mulberry leaf extract
Business Range: Beverages , Food Additives , Food Ingredients , Health & Functional Foods , Sugar & Sweeteners ,
Main Markets: North America,South America,Southeast Asia,Eastern Asia,Western Europe,
Well, the chemical names of common things you consume on a daily basis would be "hard to pronounce".
we-love-chemicals-620-450x636.jpg

19cthsq3h02qrpng.png
\

chemolive-450x582.png

infraredz

BULA!

By the way, I wasn't meaning to say your skepticism wasn't warranted at all.

For example, Neohesperidin Dihydrochalcone is an artificial sweetener derived from citruses that is NOT GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe) by the FDA, though it IS approved by the EU.

Also, Nuciferine is apparently structurally related to morphine and has some significant pharmacological action as does Amentoflavone [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19883715]
[http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2265593/]
[http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12824018]