What's new

wOw Taveuni Waka

Hello to all. I am new to Kava and new to the forum. I have recently had my mind blown, like wOwA, like WOW. I had been experimenting with Kava extracts from ROH and Captain Kava, with none to minimal results. Tonight I recieved my order of a sample pack containing 5 different strains of Kava ( origin varying ) from Bula Kava House. 100 gram sample packs X 5. I randomly decided to go with Taveuni Waka for my first try with powdered root kava. I measured out a 1/2 cup of powdered root and added it to 1 cup cold milk. I let this sit for 5 mins and added 2 cups of cold water. I set the timer on my phone for 3 minutes and blended straight through the time. I reset the timer for two mins and blended straight through the time. I then poured the brew into a large bowl and let it sit for quit a while, stirring occasionally. I then proceeded to gulp a little more than half of my concoction down at once. 5 minutes later I returned and swigged about half of the remaining brew. 20 minutes later my mind was blown! I have been let down expecting from these extracts and really wasn't thinking I would find anything magic from kava. I stuck with it though, determined not to be that guy on the web stating that Kava has no effects on him. I wanted effects. I spent the time researching and spent the money to try different variations of this plant. I tried Captain Kava wax. I dabbed it and felt some results, but nothing to the point that it sold me and made me want to become invested in the world surrounding this plant and to purchase that product again. I tried the ROH extracts. The lemon honey balm/ paste extract tastes amazing, but I did not experience any results besides reduced anxiety and stress. I tried their Polynesian Gold 70% straight extract- 10 gram jar. Supposedly a match tip is equal to 300mg kavalactone. I had some results one serving out of the 32 servings the jar beholds. I figured it was time to give root powder a try before I gave up and was left wondering why these people are talking about things such as a Kava Krunk. I do not like to be left wondering. I like to experience and learn. Tonight I am just like WOW. wOwA wow! I am on probation, so I've had to give up alcohol... Marijuana... All my end of the day small stress reliefs. This has changed the game for me tonight. 1/2 a cup of Taveuni Waka powder from Bula Kava House has given me something I haven't had in the past two years. It has given me a psychoactive experience. It has given me a way to cope with anxiety and stress at The end of my day. I take K@ in the mornings. Now I will be using Kava in the evenings here and there. What an awakening. What a beautiful experience. How magical this has been. How relieving. Now I understand. Now I have seen and am no longer looking. This is absolutely wonderful and I am so thankful. Research led me down the path of Bula Kava House and I found the sample pack. I invested the time, I invested the money. Now I have reaped the reward. Now I know. Thank you for listening. Much Respect and One Love!

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hello to all. I am new to Kava and new to the forum. I have recently had my mind blown, like wOwA, like WOW. I had been experimenting with Kava extracts from ROH and Captain Kava, with none to minimal results. Tonight I recieved my order of a sample pack containing 5 different strains of Kava ( origin varying ) from Bula Kava House. 100 gram sample packs X 5. I randomly decided to go with Taveuni Waka for my first try with powdered root kava. I measured out a 1/2 cup of powdered root and added it to 1 cup cold milk. I let this sit for 5 mins and added 2 cups of cold water. I set the timer on my phone for 3 minutes and blended straight through the time. I reset the timer for two mins and blended straight through the time. I then poured the brew into a large bowl and let it sit for quit a while, stirring occasionally. I then proceeded to gulp a little more than half of my concoction down at once. 5 minutes later I returned and swigged about half of the remaining brew. 20 minutes later my mind was blown! I have been let down expecting from these extracts and really wasn't thinking I would find anything magic from kava. I stuck with it though, determined not to be that guy on the web stating that Kava has no effects on him. I wanted effects. I spent the time researching and spent the money to try different variations of this plant. I tried Captain Kava wax. I dabbed it and felt some results, but nothing to the point that it sold me and made me want to become invested in the world surrounding this plant and to purchase that product again. I tried the ROH extracts. The lemon honey balm/ paste extract tastes amazing, but I did not experience any results besides reduced anxiety and stress. I tried their Polynesian Gold 70% straight extract- 10 gram jar. Supposedly a match tip is equal to 300mg kavalactone. I had some results one serving out of the 32 servings the jar beholds. I figured it was time to give root powder a try before I gave up and was left wondering why these people are talking about things such as a Kava Krunk. I do not like to be left wondering. I like to experience and learn. Tonight I am just like WOW. wOwA wow! I am on probation, so I've had to give up alcohol... Marijuana... All my end of the day small stress reliefs. This has changed the game for me tonight. 1/2 a cup of Taveuni Waka powder from Bula Kava House has given me something I haven't had in the past two years. It has given me a psychoactive experience. It has given me a way to cope with anxiety and stress at The end of my day. I take K@ in the mornings. Now I will be using Kava in the evenings here and there. What an awakening. What a beautiful experience. How magical this has been. How relieving. Now I understand. Now I have seen and am no longer looking. This is absolutely wonderful and I am so thankful. Research led me down the path of Bula Kava House and I found the sample pack. I invested the time, I invested the money. Now I have reaped the reward. Now I know. Thank you for listening. Much Respect and One Love!
That's one way of doing it, which is what I did, too, provoke an epiphany, although with me it only took half that. Now, having had the epiphany, you can dial back the quantity, and change the prep and you'll feel wonderful.

Also, the 70% is better at 3x the quantity you tried. Should be about 10 good servings in each jar.

Welcome to my world, I think you're going to like it here. There are many wonderful kavas out there waiting for you. It's gonna be good. :)

What size dose are people typically ingesting? Was 1/2 a cup of root powder a lot for my first dose? I actually repeated the process an hour later. I consumed a whole cup of powder last night and I must say that today I have been quit hung over. I was not expecting anything the day after. It has been a rough day for me. Also, what are other preparation methods you recommend?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
What size dose are people typically ingesting? Was 1/2 a cup of root powder a lot for my first dose? I actually repeated the process an hour later. I consumed a whole cup of powder last night and I must say that today I have been quit hung over. I was not expecting anything the day after. It has been a rough day for me. Also, what are other preparation methods you recommend?
1/2 a cup the first couple go's is good for making sure you pack enough KL's in your body (but a lot) to get the full effects and bypass any possible RT (though some argue against reverse tolerance). Personally 1/4-1/3 of a cup is plenty for me. Everyone has a different sweet spot so quantity varies for everyone.

A whole cup of root the first night is overkill and probably why you didn't feel great the next day. Kava is best in moderation.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
for me 1/2 cup over the course of a whole night's sesh is a lot of kava but I can do it. Typically the way I'd do that is 4 Aluball preps of 2 TBS root to 300 ml water and some ice. I save the makas from each time, 2 TBS + 2 TBS + 2 TBS + 2 TBS and knead that in a bad with 3 cups water. Then after that knead the bag in a final one cup of water. I say this with some honesty as that is exactly what I am doing tonight with the new Dua Na Bilo Vanuatu

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
86 the K@. You don't need that, but it will eventually need you, and no one deserves that. Once you get to your perfect dose of kava, you should have a nice relaxed afterglow in the morning with no need for anything, except maybe some more kneading. I typically do 4-5 tablespoons per night in an AluBall. If you haven't already gotten an AluBall, it is well worth the investment (Amazon). You can throw two balls in there, each with 2 Tbsp and 600-700 ml of water and be good to go. Like @Krunkie McKrunkface, I usually just do one AluBall (2 Tbsp) in ~300-400 ml water, do a second wash in ~150ml, then repeat the process if I want more, however he likes to hoard makas and do the second wash all in one batch later, which is just fine too. The AluBottle is great too, especially if you want to do more at once or triple ball it. Best of Luck, sounds like you are on the right path with the traditional way of preparing kava, the way it was meant to be prepared.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
86 the K@. You don't need that, but it will eventually need you, and no one deserves that. Once you get to your perfect dose of kava, you should have a nice relaxed afterglow in the morning with no need for anything, except maybe some more kneading. I typically do 4-5 tablespoons per night in an AluBall. If you haven't already gotten an AluBall, it is well worth the investment (Amazon). You can throw two balls in there, each with 2 Tbsp and 600-700 ml of water and be good to go. Like @Krunkie McKrunkface, I usually just do one AluBall (2 Tbsp) in ~300-400 ml water, do a second wash in ~150ml, then repeat the process if I want more, however he likes to hoard makas and do the second wash all in one batch later, which is just fine too. The AluBottle is great too, especially if you want to do more at once or triple ball it. Best of Luck, sounds like you are on the right path with the traditional way of preparing kava, the way it was meant to be prepared.
yeah, I'll do that second wash in the 150ml at work sometimes, but I really think saving the makas to do in a big batch of kneading gets the most out of the root, and makes a nice thick satisfying grog. Mind, if I'm going easy, I'll just throw the makas in the freezer in a container, adding bits until a critical mass has been achieved and it's large enough to take out to thaw for kneading.

Last edited:

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
are you using a strainer? didn't see that in your post. I first started out with nakamal's stone and WoW. however I rarely used those as they are too heavy and caused me to sleep in but they are good ones to make sure you are getting effects. try the line up at kalm with kava, gourmet kava house, kava time, tongan family reserve and kavafied next. good to try kava from different regions. also you may want to try micronized.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
yeah, I'll do that second wash in the 150ml at work sometimes, but I really think saving the makas to do in a big batch of kneading gets the most out of the root, and makes a nice thick satisfying. Mind, if I'm going easy, I'll just throw the makas in the freezer in a container, adding bits until a critical mass has been achieved and it's large enough to take out to thaw for kneading.
Makas McMakaface. New name for you.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hey, it ain't over till it's over. Get the goodies. If it's still in there, get it. I even now save all sediment from glasses and jars and dry it and mill it and use the powder.

Lil' Krunkette

Crawling Chaos
Wow...thank you for posting this. I've been curious about the BKH sample pack. :) Sounds like a winner!
Lil K