What's new

You ever feel like you don't need kava today?

-33-

Trailer Park Boys - watch it on netflix!
Ok so I have only been taking Kava for a few (4) months now... I recently ran out of my Micronized Mo'i & kava candy... the headshop up the road is out-of-stock w/ the candy. So it's now day #4 or #5 with no kava... I'm still sleeping fine, not having any "cravings". This is the first substance I've ever taken where my body isn't mad @ me for stopping intake of said substance. Absolutely no withdrawal, no physical cravings, no mental 'anxiety' from lack of having it. So... Kava has now moved into my #2 spot for "Most Respected Substances". MJ (even though I don't use it) is still at #1 (most respected) just for it's sheer amount of useful applications.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Haha I agree. But I'm considering going to my local herb shop and getting some kava... I haven't tried their kava since I started with this forum. So idk what the quality really is :/lol

-33-

Trailer Park Boys - watch it on netflix!
Now at day #9... still no trouble sleeping, no withdrawal, no cravings... I just hope I don't have to re-do my reverse tolerance, that would SUCK!

Anyone have experience w/ having to start over again with reverse tolerance?

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
Now at day #9... still no trouble sleeping, no withdrawal, no cravings... I just hope I don't have to re-do my reverse tolerance, that would SUCK!

Anyone have experience w/ having to start over again with reverse tolerance?
I think most of reverse tolerance is really a lack of understanding. Not preparing grog correctly, not eating prior to taking, not putting yourself in a situation where the kava can speak to you, etc. I wouldn't worry about having to go through rt again.

D

Deleted member 2094

I had a big dose of kava on Monday (Papa Kea) and a decent dose on Tuesday (Moi). Today I can still feel some of the mellow effects. This is the residual effect that @Kapmkrunk and others talk about. So I think I'm going through some kind of evolution. This afternoon I will not feel like doing kava nor will I fell like doing a beer or wine. It will be a good day to go without any intoxicants. Of course I exercised this morning and I may go swimming this afternoon and they will help with any sleep issues.

Before I started on kava, every day was a good day for beer, wine, or perhaps a scotch on the rocks. I never felt like the booze from the day before made me mellow the next day. So Kava is a very interesting botanical that not only makes you mellow, but it also plants a seed in your brain that helps you deal with addictive behavior. That little seed is almost like a voice in your brain that says, "Do you really need anything today? Have I not mellowed you out enough so that you can skip a day?" To this I answer, "Well, now that you put it that way, you may be right." So I go drug-less for a day or even two and guess what?? .... nothing bad happens to me. :LOL:

I know, I know, this is crazy talk ...:eek: Let me add one more thing. After 1 or 2 days of abstinence, the seed in my brain demands kava and NOWWWWWW! Hey, I'm not perfect. That's why I'm a member of the kava forums. :D
I always wake up with that mellow feeling in the morning after Kava. Its so bad that I cant get motivated to do anything. I wish there was one that would give me more motivation lol

Doobie Doo

How many shells to get to the center..1 2 3
Just me.. but I am a bit obsessive. I tend to go for long periods not drinking Kava.. Then I notice that I am feeling half crazy, anxious, whatever... that's usually when i will go back and start drinking again to take the edge off... Which Kava does wonderfully. If you think about it, that's sort of like an addictive cycle in itself. Currently in a cycle where I am starting to drink more and more of it daily again.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I've gone 10 years drinking kava daily, and stopped with NO problems whatsoever. You'd think at least it would be psychologically impacting to stop something you've been doing for a decade every single day, but NOPE. Nothing.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah. I just think it's relaxing... obviously if you take kava for anxiety then it's gonna come back when you stop for long enough if you don't deal with it internally... the difference is that substances that are addictive cause anxiety ect. That DIDN'T exist before the substance . Which kava does not do. Your just so usto being relaxed it seems more than before but it's not .

F3TU5

Kava Enthusiast
Borogu has given me the same side effects. Good here and there but constant use makes me become hella agitated.
Hi 4bikes,
I've never had much of a next day effect from Borogu. I suffer from anxiety issues as well and have found Borogu, when consumed daily, gets me agitated after awhile. I've tried plenty of different types of kava from all over the world, and I must say, the Hawaiian varieties from ParadiseKava or Gourmet Hawaiian Kava do the trick with the majority of their offerings. Moi is my favorite. They both sell instant powder, which is a great way to consume kava when you are in a hurry and can't mix a batch. Highly recommend ParadiseKava instant for sure. Gourmelt Hawaiin Kava has great processing techniques and offers a great selection of instant, micronized, and regular grinds. I've had them all and I have to say, they absolutely don't dissappoint. I really like Micronized Moi and Mahakea for next day lasting effects.