What's new

Your Current Kava Stock On Hand

Kava_Lavar

Kava Curious
So since getting into Kava a month ago I knew I was going to be THAT GUY who has to try every strain out there. I'm no where near close to trying everything obviously but one of these days I can see myself getting there.

I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone has currently in stock ( i have a devoted cupboard to just Kava - LOL ) and sort of a condensed summary of each one. Which Kava's you'll be replenishing and which ones you are trying out and whether you will be ordering it again. Also a brief summary of why you like / don't like and the effects for you.

Felt it would be nice to see an overall condensed version of what people have / like in one place instead of clicking on each individual kava review.

Please note that Kava effects everyone differently so what I say about a particular strain may not be the same for you.

I plan on updating this post regularly on new purchases

Fu'u (Med Grind) - BKH
Initially ordered a pound and went right through it. Ordered 2 lbs on my next order and have about a little over a pound remaining. This particular Kava always comes through for me and I know what to expect. So I expect to continue keeping this one always on hand. I use this one before going to work so I see it as a daytime Kava. I don't feel miserable when going to work when I drink this. Starts off my day on a good note.

Boroguru (Micronized) - GHK
Ordered a half pound initially and liked it well enough to order again. Absolutely LOVE the taste of this Kava. I have never thought that Kava tasted as bad as people say (holding nose and choking it down? - I never got that feeling about Kava). This one is creamy and smooth and not bitterness whatsoever for me. I will use this for work as well but it is a little more heavy and sedating then Fu'u. If I used this a few times during work I am ready to crash when I come home.

Mo'i (Micronized) - GHK / & Mo'i Instant
This was my first micronized and instant Kava. At first I thought it was great. Very Heady but wasn't relaxing for me but still liked it and made me realize there is probably a micronized version out there that will be better for me. Came on strong and fast. But it doesn't last long at all for me. Maybe I should try the medium grind for this strain because I don't seem to get much out of this one so I will have to pass on the micronized / instant version of this. My dosage may have been on the light side so I am still on the fence. I had high hopes for this one considering what I read what other people had to say on it.

Nambawan (Med Grind) - BKH
I don't know what to say about this one. I have tried it a few times and don't seem to benefit. I feel next to nothing head and body. If I want to sleep for hours and hours this would be great. I have had insomnia in the past and I think this could be great for that. So I will keep a mason jar on hand of this when I need sleep!

Waka Kava (Med Grind) - BKH
Tried it once but need another session with it. Will update this post when I do.

Boronguru (Micronized) - KWK
Had this several times and not really sure about it as of yet. Taste is good. I thought it was going to be a better version of Boroguru but I am not feeling that. I do get a good night's sleep with it and dream as well. Wake up feeling refreshed and ready to go the next day. Just not sure if it is something I will be keeping in stock.

Pouni Ono (Micronized) - KWK
I just received my first batch of this the other day Apparently this is a different version as the original one was out of stock. I was expecting something similar to Mo'i when I purchased it. So I tried it at work (first time usage) and I have to say this might be the strain I have been longing for. I felt energetic and relaxed at the same time. I felt like I had a permanent smile on my face. Like I was just 'happy' and I could just go about my business without any worries. I don't have anxiety issues but I could see this helping with that (i'm not a doctor tho!). Seemed to last a good amount of time. Did not make me tired but had a nice restful sleep and woke up energized. It's generally hard for me to wake up so this has got me excited. Will need more time with this (tonight) and report back if I feel still the same way.

Last edited: