What's new

Kava Culture Your fantasy kava-kave

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
One thing my Kave (not a dedicated Kava Kave, but nevertheless) has is several guitars and amplifiers.
I absolutely LOVE playing when drinking root!!! Acoustic steel or nylon string are the most enjoyable. A little
reverb, a little chorus/flanging, ahhh. heaven.

Combining the way kava makes music sound so awesome with actually playing the music is really wonderful.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
You may have your own man cave, and it may even double as a kava kave. However, if you had infinite rescorces, what would your dream kava kave be like?
It would be a state of the art green house with a number of test kavas to pull out a strain that is COLD hardy. May have to start out with wild Kava and work out the potential non-noble issues...

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
Ooh, a greenhouse, or arboretum. That would be wonderful! In St. Paul there is Como park, which has a huge arboretum. Going there
in the winter is really a treat -- it "smells like summer" in there. I could definitely do some root in that place (assuming I could
find a way to get rid of all the pesky visitors).

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
A stone cabin in the mountains above the tree line.
I carried all the stones.
I built this place.
A fireplace, crackling fire.
The cleanest, coldest, freshest glacier water running in a creek near by.
My wife.
My daughter.
We have goats.
We hunt.
We fish.
My best friends.
Their children.
We're returning from a three or four hour hike.
Rosy cheeks, lungs filled with the cleanest air on the planet.
We eat reindeer, goat or mouintain trout.
Tucking in my daughter.
For hours later.
A tanoa, coconut shells.
Kava parachuted in on demand.
From our very own kava farm, providing for my wife's entire family.
We never run out.
Reindeer skins on the floor next to the fireplace.
Pillows.
A library.
A typewriter.
My wife, her music, her voice.
No phone, Facebook or email etc...
On top of a mouintain, on island time.
The best of both worlds.
And yes.
I do this for a living.
People pay us to stay there.
Sometimes I go alone.
Sometimes with my friends.
Sometimes, I close my eyes and I'm there.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
Right now I'm krunk, listening to Stanley Clark "Desert Song". Beautiful, kinda trippy, perfect companion for the root.
Takes me to my internal Kava Kave. You know how music sounds beautiful whilst under the influence of the root?
Well, this sounds absolutely beautiful to its core.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
One thing my Kave (not a dedicated Kava Kave, but nevertheless) has is several guitars and amplifiers.
I absolutely LOVE playing when drinking root!!! Acoustic steel or nylon string are the most enjoyable. A little
reverb, a little chorus/flanging, ahhh. heaven.

Combining the way kava makes music sound so awesome with actually playing the music is really wonderful.
Dude thats all my friend and i do lol... is sit in my garage drink kava and jam hahaha... your so right... something about MAKING the music with the kava is just amazing... and @Kavasseur kava makes some BOMB music!

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Any dimly lit area full of friendly people to talk to.

Think opium den, except no smoke in the air, and instead of beds, barcoloungers with cupholders.

Four-wall projection of 360 videos of the world's greatest waterfalls shot from the pools at the bottom.

A bar multi-dispenser tap with buttons for: water, ginger beer, mango juice.

THX sound system playing nothing but Thievery Corporation and Massive Attack.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
@VictoryRider how cool to just be able to slam those hammers and pull offs like that?!
Great stuff @Edward!!

Speaking of hammers and pull-offs, ever hear of Michael Hedges? That guy was INSANE. Spectacular musicianship.
See also: Billy McLaughlin, Pretson Reed.

That stuff is hard to play, but serious fun once you get the hang of it. Took me almost a month to learn Billy M's
"Clock Shop", and I still can't play it perfectly, but once I'm in the groove, it's really fun.