What's new

Your favorite kava snack?

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
So we've all had a good mouthfull of kava grog, and the taste is most foul. We reach for something to get rid of the taste. I like eating a handful of wasabi peas or Cheez-It crackers to cleanse my palate, but I'm thinking I need some new snacks.

What do you eat after drinking your kava grog?

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
My favourite grog chaser is li hing mui (called chinese lollies in Fiji). They're sweet and salty.
A favourite of Pacific Island kids.

It's also available as a powder that you sprinkle onto pineapple, mango, or apple slices. Just the tiniest taste completely washes away the kava bitterness. Perfect if you want a chaser that won't fill you up. Just the thought of it now has my mouth watering.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I agree with kasa, I often snack on li hing mango and li hing pineapple after shells:
lihingmango.jpeg Other than that, I dabble with cheese, pickles, reese's and salt/vinegar chips.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
In the Pacific I really like the Polynesian chestnut - called Ifi in Samoa or Namambe in Vanuatu. Boiled in coconut milk they are delicious and the perfect size for a small snack.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Mmmmm all this pacific food sounds so good. I think tropical pacific foods and drink are allways gonna reign supreme in kava taste ... out of everything I've tried to eat and drink with kava. Traditional stuff like coconut water and pineapple have proven to be the best. And now it seems this li hing is the snack of the Pacific with kava too !yummy

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
In the Pacific I really like the Polynesian chestnut - called Ifi in Samoa or Namambe in Vanuatu. Boiled in coconut milk they are delicious and the perfect size for a small snack.
Love it! Never tried it with kava though.
Called ivi in Fiji.