What's new

Your go to kava strain

KavaCat

Meow.
I feel like kava may be a little like drinking beer; you start enjoying different things over time. That said, I am currently most fond of mahakea.

Hey Chris, if you read this, how do you pronounce Mahakea, anyway? Mah-hah-key-ah?

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Basic and the Commodore Pet :)
The PET was cool because of that crazy character ROM with all the graphical text glyphs. I used to make space ships in PRINT statements and then add a loop of PRINT's at the end to make it blast off.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I feel like kava may be a little like drinking beer; you start enjoying different things over time. That said, I am currently most fond of mahakea.

Hey Chris, if you read this, how do you pronounce Mahakea, anyway? Mah-hah-key-ah?
Mahakea is always a sure shot for me too...Kalm's line-up has been treatin' me nice as well.
Mahakea is pronounced mah-hah-keh[y]ah...but pronounced quickly you might hear the keh sound a bit like key.

Robert

Kava Curious
Hands down 11 year. Moving into Solomon's as my other go to, used to be melo melo, I unfortunately find most kava to be a bit undesirable, both 11 year and Solomon's have something special to smooth out that weird almost dizzy feeling from some kava, and I have never had a boroguru that I liked at all, every single time I have it I wake up in the middle of the night with restless leg syndrome and aching legs feeling strangely desperate and uncomfortable, something about it is never good no matter the dose, but 11 yr. And Solomon's have that perfect relaxation to heady buzz to its own unique euphoria, and neither of these keep me awake all night.

A

Adriano

I have brands that would be my go to from ghk and bkh, but those are so high priced I have to buy elsewhere.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
I enjoy threads like this. Mahakea sounds like my dream evening kava but unfortunately I went through a quarter of it with nearly no effects. The same goes with moi. Boroguru hasn't done much of anything for me either but I still have some left. Papa kea is the one that makes a cameo. I feel like there are no head effects with that one though and wonder if Papa Kea would pair nicely with a m'oi. I apologize for not really contributing. I am in the middle of RT.

Steve Mariotti

Review Maestro
I enjoy threads like this. Mahakea sounds like my dream evening kava but unfortunately I went through a quarter of it with nearly no effects. The same goes with moi. Boroguru hasn't done much of anything for me either but I still have some left. Papa kea is the one that makes a cameo. I feel like there are no head effects with that one though and wonder if Papa Kea would pair nicely with a m'oi. I apologize for not really contributing. I am in the middle of RT.
Mahakea did very little for me during the session. Effects similar to a weak Fiji lawena. The next day, however, is another story. Next day effects of Mahakea are hands-down the best I've encountered. Nothing else has given me such a positive outlook on life the next day. Very little bed-lock, unlike most kava, and a general feeling of being centered and happy. I find myself striking up conversations with more random people throughout the day during my Mahakea next day.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
Mahakea did very little for me during the session. Effects similar to a weak Fiji lawena. The next day, however, is another story. Next day effects of Mahakea are hands-down the best I've encountered. Nothing else has given me such a positive outlook on life the next day. Very little bed-lock, unlike most kava, and a general feeling of being centered and happy. I find myself striking up conversations with more random people throughout the day during my Mahakea next day.
I have some Kava R Us Lawena. I dont know anything about it.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Lawena means kava taken from the stump rather than the lateral roots. It's typically considered weaker but has a different kavalactone profile.

Steve Mariotti

Review Maestro
My biggest question is: What is it? I have a sample too.
With Fijian kava, waka is lateral roots (mostly or all) and lawena is root stump/corm (mostly or all). Lawena being the more mild tasting and lower-potency brother of waka. I prefer waka, but sometimes lawena is perfect.