What's new

Your perfect combo?

ShannyinSobriety

Kava Enthusiast
Recently my husband decided to order a few different strains of Kava and so we have in our freezer Fiji Waka, Tongan and Vanuatu 3. He likes to combine kavas for varied effects. I noticed with Waka and Tongan that it is almost too much cerebral action lol, as if you are blissfully floating away but unable to really commit to anything serious at the moment, like writing academic papers but just good enough to play some serious Skyrim. Just Tongan makes me feel very hippy dippy, I pull out my Simon and Garfunkle & Donovan Vinyls and color in my Dover coloring books. I haven't found a combination that makes me feel studious, though I have heard it exists! If anyone knows about this combination please do share! I have noticed that I feel much more in tune with my emotions, we were watching Dead Poets Society for the third time and all of sudden I was like "wow, thats deep, and beautiful" and I felt it deeply. I am a very emotional person anyway, identifying with many people, animals, environmental issues etc, but it felt nice to feel deeply. Not crazy incoherent feelings like you would with alcohol ( I hated that) but deepness that sneaks past your ego and connects you with that mysterious force called life, kind of feeling. If that makes any sense. I am sharing my findings with you my friends and asking if you have any favored combos and what the effects you enjoy the most.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I prefer a kava to naturally have the mixture I'm looking for in it. 95% of the time I need something heavy and deep, to slam on the brakes of the neurotic locomotive in my mind. But, I also want it to lift my mood and make things feel a bit more enjoyable at the same time...so that's where the 'headiness' comes in.
My mix would always be a really sedating one + a light Tongan or Hawaiian. For example, if I were to do this using noble GHK products only, I would love to try mixing Hiwa (or Opihikao) & Mo'i (or Honokane 'iki). These are ones I've tried, from opposite sides of the spectrum. In my experience, I would rarely prefer any of those entirely on their own. But together, I think they would be exactly what I like.
Mahakea or Papa Kea give me what I want, all in one. But I do see the advantage of having two separate but opposite strains at your disposal. It gives you more control over mixing exactly how much of each effect you want to feel, for any given situation. ::kavaleaf::::happyshell::

Kimmer

Patently irritable
I've been enjoying Nene mixed with Hanakapi'ai. I need to toss some Mahakea in with it too :)

Sacred Journey

Kava Curious
I've never mixed because Ive never had the good fortune of having two kavas simulateosnly but I would like try mixing Solomons with White Waka. Those are my two favorite kavas but for opposite reasons. I like the Solomons for pain relief and strength but I like the white wake for its euphoria and light effects that can be used during the day without being overly sedating.

Mr. Kava

Kava Enthusiast
I usually like mixing root and stump.

Last mix was GHK Hanakap' with Fiji Lawena to mellow out the heaviness.