What's new

Yum

KavaKitty

Meaow
Two things to try, for those who are put off by the taste of the blessed root:

1.) With micronized, mix 1 tablespoon of the powder with 1 cup (8 fluid ounces) of Crystal Light cherry limeade(or store brand - I got mine at Walmart - DON'T JUDGE ME!). Stir or shake til all the powder is dissolved. If you pour this concoction over ice, you can actually sip it like a fruity umbrella drink, the flavor of the awa is almost completely masked. Drink. Profit.

2.) With powdered root: Prep using one of the many methods listed in this forum. Combine 1/2 cup (4 fluid ounces) of grog with 3/4 cup (6 fluid ounces) of vanilla coconut milk, 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder, and sweetener of your choice to taste (I use Stevia in the Raw). Throw in the blender, blend on low for one minute. Drink. Profit.

Just thought I'd share.

Last edited:

Kimmer

Patently irritable
Icy cold grog (near brain freeze material) is my go-to. Early on in my adventures I'd try mixing but grew into ice cold chugging. Although when @Judd Rench comes up with his flavored drinks, I'm definitely trying them. Willing guinea pig here!!

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Two things to try, for those who are put off by the taste of the blessed root:

1.) With micronized, mix 1 tablespoon of the powder with 1 cup (8 fluid ounces) of Crystal Light cherry limeade(or store brand - I got mine at Walmart - DON'T JUDGE ME!). Stir or shake til all the powder is dissolved. If you pour this concoction over ice, you can actually sip it like a fruity umbrella drink, the flavor of the awa is almost completely masked. Drink. Profit.

2.) With powdered root: Prep using one of the many methods listed in this forum. Combine 1/2 cup (4 fluid ounces) of grog with 3/4 cup (6 fluid ounces) of vanilla coconut milk, 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder, and sweetener of your choice to taste (I use Stevia in the Raw). Throw in the blender, blend on low for one minute. Drink. Profit.

Just thought I'd share.
Great ideas! Check out the post about flavors on my subforum and if you have anything else, feel free to share. I'm trying to get a feel for what flavors kava drinkers think work well. http://www.kavaforums.com/forum/threads/drink-flavors-your-input.7837/

KavaKitty

Meaow
The return of the Namby Pamby.
Shooshy!

I drink my grog cold and straight; however, there ARE people who just can't tolerate the taste, so I thought I'd post this for them. Plus, sometimes, you just want a "cocktail," and since I'm in recovery, I don't drink booze-infused beverages. These are for those times.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Shooshy!

I drink my grog cold and straight; however, there ARE people who just can't tolerate the taste, so I thought I'd post this for them. Plus, sometimes, you just want a "cocktail," and since I'm in recovery, I don't drink booze-infused beverages. These are for those times.
Nah nah nah! It's all good sister. I used to post recipes all the time. It's great!

D

Deleted User01

There are a lot of people around her looking for Kava Kocktail recipes so yours is appreciated. I did a few in my time. I think a lot of people would like to sip (not gulp) their kava like a nice tasty cocktail. But as I always say, "Good luck with all that".