What's new

Zinc, kava and low testosterone/sexual issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've been talking recently about sluggishness in the trouser department after spells of drinking a lot of strong, mostly heavy kavas. I'm almost completely convinced that this is down to a deficiency in zinc caused by the diuretic effect of kava. Zinc is flushed out of the system by sweating and also urination so it stands to reason that as kava causes more urination it also causes more zinc loss from the body. In younger people this may go unnoticed but in someone of my age, 44, it very much is noticed as low zinc levels are strongly linked to sexual issues and low testosterone (or the latter may cause the former?). After months of testing different supplements to see if anything makes a difference I'm pretty sure it's zinc that makes the biggest difference to my symptoms. I hope this information helps someone else in the future.

Pounigirl

Kava Enthusiast
Wow! That's some impressive detective work you did there Edward! Thank you for sharing what you have discovered. I hope it helps the other fellas on here as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.